NBA Redesign 11/30 (Rockets Added)

johne9109

I had a fun time redesign the NHL so I decided to do the same with the NBA. I am as not of a NBA fan of the NBA as I am the NHL so I'm not as tied to some particular team elements and some of these are a departure for the team; especially with the numbers and wordmarks. I also wanted to do my best to not have black uniforms. I feel like the NBA has a huge problems with having black uniforms (mainly alternates) for no reason. Comments and critiques are welcome

1. Atlanta Hawks
  2. Boston Celtics
  3. Brooklyn Nets
  4. Charlotte Hornets
  5. Chicago Bulls
  6. Cleveland Cavaliers
  7. Dallas Mavericks
  8. Denver Nuggets V 2.0
  9. Detroit Pistons
  10. Golden State Warriors
  11. Houston Rockets
  12. Indiana Pacers
  13. Los Angeles Clippers
  14. Los Angeles Lakers
  15. Memphis Grizzlies
  16. Miami Heat
  17. Milwaukee Bucks
  18. Minnesota Timberwolves
  19. New Orleans Pelicans
  20. New York Knicks
  21. Oklahoma City Thunder
  22. Orlando Magic
  23. Philadelphia 76ers
  24. Phoenix Suns
  25. Portland Trail Blazers
  26. Sacramento Kings
  27. San Antonio Spurs
  28. Toronto Raptors
  29. Utah Jazz
  30. Washington Wizards
signature2

Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks have great uniforms currently and I realistically would not change them, but that's not what this thread is for. So  I wanted to create striping that started on the shorts and went up the sides of the jersey to evoke a birds wings spread up. I changed their font to a font the has sharp curved ends; it gives the feeling of a hawks beak and talons. For the alternate I took the script from their 2022 city edition and put it on a yellow base uniform and the spread Hawk logo from their mid 90's uniforms. 

ATLRDA

• Like 2
  • Love 1
signature2

Boston Celtics

As much as I love the Celtics they are kind of the Yankees of basketball. Their uniforms are so rooted in tradition I couldn't really see them ever changing. Again, that doesn't really work for this thread. So, if I were to redesign the Celtics I would love to see them incorporate yellow into their uniforms full time. It's been a tertiary color for years in promotional work and merchandise, but never in uniforms (aside from the city edition and earned edition from a few years ago.) So I kept green as the main color, but worked in yellow as their secondary color. I also introduced a new font for the names and numbers. This new font ties into the Celtic name a bit more. For the alternate I kept the classic alive with a green throwback which is their current uniform, but has been their look for decades now,

BOSNBARDA

• Like 3
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 2/30 (Celtics Added)

Brooklyn Nets

The Nets have one of the most boring brands in the NBA currently. The black and white are not exciting and there's no design elements to help accentuate it. So I took their logo and put that front and center of their jersey and used the area where the basketball is and used that to house the numbers. Along the side of the jersey I added a net design. For the Statement uniform I used a dark gray base and then used the BKLYN wordmark that was on a handful of their city edition jerseys and then put a white stripe along the left side

BKNRDA

• Like 2
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 3/30 (Nets Added)

Charlotte Hornets

The Hornets keep their pinstriping in the jersey and added it to the shorts. I also added a new font. There was something about that gave me Charlotte vibes. The alternate is a take on a couple of their different uniforms. The base is purple with teal as the secondary color. I used the Buzz City nickname on the front and added a hive pattern along the sides of the jersey and shorts

CLTRDA

• Like 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 4/30 (Hornets Added)

Chicago Bulls

I always liked the script Chicago red jersey so I decided to go back to that and also have the home jersey feature Bulls in a script font as well. The rest of the uniform stays essentially the same. The alternate is essentially their black pinstripe alternate from the 90's but with the Bulls script on the front

CHINRDA

• Like 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 5/30 (Bulls Added)

Cleveland Cavaliers

I do like the Cavs current color scheme of wine red and gold. However, the rest for their current look is awful. So I decided to try and spice it up a bit and introduced a new wordmark as well as two stripes diagonally across the front of the jersey. The stripes are done to evoke the sabre of the Cavs logo. The shorts also feature the C logo with the sabre. The alt is an amalgamation of older uniforms from the Cavs past 

CLERDA

• Like 3
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 6/30 (Cavaliers Added)

Dallas Mavericks

The Mavs are a team I feel just need a little retooling and not a complete overhaul. I used a new wordmark that feels more Dallas than their current and went back to the full Mavericks name over MAVS. I kept the 2 tone blue, but reintroduced green back into the mix. The jersey and shorts feature side panels with the Horse and ball logo on the sides of the shorts. The alternate is a more traditional style uniform, but adopts the MAVS nickname in the new font

DALNRDA

• Like 1
  • Love 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 7/30 (Mavericks Added)

Denver Nuggets

Maybe it's because it's what I always remember them wearing, but I have always preferred the Nuggets in baby blue and yellow. So I brought back that color scheme, but kept most of their modern branding. Navy blue is kept, but made more prominent than when they wore the baby blues. The home and away go without a wordmark and instead feature the crossed pickaxe roundel logo. The alternate is a take on some of their previous statement uniforms and their 80's/90's uniforms.

DENRDA

• Like 2
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 8/30 (Nuggets Added)
1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

Denver Nuggets

Maybe it's because it's what I always remember them wearing, but I have always preferred the Nuggets in baby blue and yellow. So I brought back that color scheme, but kept most of their modern branding. Navy blue is kept, but made more prominent than when they wore the baby blues. The home and away go without a wordmark and instead feature the crossed pickaxe roundel logo. The alternate is a take on some of their previous statement uniforms and their 80's/90's uniforms.

DENRDA

Love the color scheme, very good alternate, but not a fan of the lack of a wordmark on the home and road sets. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Love the color scheme, very good alternate, but not a fan of the lack of a wordmark on the home and road sets. 

I get that. I always felt Denver's logo was strong enough to feature on the front of the jersey similar to Golden State

signature2

On 9/7/2024 at 6:24 PM, johne9109 said:

I get that. I always felt Denver's logo was strong enough to feature on the front of the jersey similar to Golden State

It may very well be - but remember that the Dubs also have “Golden State” above the roundel and “Warriors” below it. Combine that logo with a wordmark and it would probably look a good bit better. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It may very well be - but remember that the Dubs also have “Golden State” above the rounder and “Warriors” below it. Combine that logo with a wordmark and it would probably look a good bit better. 

Absolutely valid, thanks for pointing that out. Putting the wordmark in makes this 100% better thank you

DENRD1 DENRD2

• Like 2
signature2

Detroit Pistons 

I always liked the wordmark from the 90's/00's sans the horse. For whatever reason the horse being in the logo never did it for me, but I love the mufflers in the letters. So I brought that back, but changed the teams colors to gray, orange, and black. I did this for two reasons. 1. It helps them stand out from other blue and red teams. 2. using the orange from the logo ties it into the uniform and the gray ties into Detroit's motor city motif. The alt is essentially their City Edition from 2018; again tying into the motor city motif.

DENRDA

• Like 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 9/30 (Pistons Added)

Golden State Warriors

The Warriors also get a little bit of a retro look with their 90's/00's wordmark returning to the front of their jersey. The colors stay the same and the shorts feature a similar, yet slightly different, bridge design on the shorts. The alternate is a combination of their current uniforms and their previous statement and city edition uniforms.

GSWRA

• Like 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 10/30 (Warriors Added)

Houston Rockets

For the Rockets I kept red as the main color but introduced a light blue, almost silver as the secondary color. The team gets a new wordmark with a rocket behind it. The shorts feature a curved stripe that starts at the bottom and goes up the side of the shorts onto the sides of the jersey. The alternate features a logo on the front paying homage to NASA while the rocket logo moves to the sides of the jersey and shorts

HOURDA

• Love 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Redesign 11/30 (Rockets Added)