Pensacola Ice Pilots/Quebec Rafales

Geoff

Both started the 1996-1997 season

QuebecRafales.GIF

PensacolaIcePilots.GIF

Same font

Since they both started the same season one couldn't copy the jersey from the other.

rafales%20home%20f.jpg

50.jpg

If this belongs in Sports in Gerneral, please move.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Well to clear it all up

Quebec was owned by The owners of the Atlanta Knights the team was moved to Quebec for one season. The same ownership owned the Nashville Knights of the ECHL and moved the team to Pensacola the same season. So for one season the two teams owned by the same man played with the same jerseys. the next season they folded the Quebec Franchise. The same ownership owned at the saem time the Jacksonville Lizzardkings and Birmingham Bulls of the ECHL. Then they sold of the Bulls and folded the Lizzardkings, Then a season ago the ownership sold of the last of there teams the Icepilots who are now owned by Tim Kerr of the flyers fame and have since changed the uniform completely and are goning to change it again next season.......

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

Well to clear it all up

Quebec was owned by The owners of the Atlanta Knights the team was moved to Quebec for one season. The same ownership owned the Nashville Knights of the ECHL and moved the team to Pensacola the same season. So for one season the two teams owned by the same man played with the same jerseys. the next season they folded the Quebec Franchise. The same ownership owned at the saem time the Jacksonville Lizzardkings and Birmingham Bulls of the ECHL. Then they sold of the Bulls and folded the Lizzardkings, Then a season ago the ownership sold of the last of there teams the Icepilots who are now owned by Tim Kerr of the flyers fame and have since changed the uniform completely and are goning to change it again next season.......

Hey, a rare appearence by my man Mike. He's got the scoop, thanks for clearing it up bro. :D

Yeah I try not to just blab. i only want to talk when i know what im talking about . As Jeff said the owners of the teams were a bunch of fools. They also owned the the Arena football teams in Birmingham,Jaksonville and Pensacola and were part of the original guys that were to start the XFL Xtreme Football league before the WWF/WWE version of the XFL the owners wanted a sport for there buildings in the summer so they went to work. Then the AF2 was brught to life. They ran the three teams for about a season then started selling them off. So yeah they are a bunch of tools they had some good teams in some good cities but screwed it up ..

The list of casualties are as follows

Atlanta Knights (Moved to Quebec)

Nashville Knights Moved to Pensacola)

Quebec Rafels (Fold)

Pensacola Icepilots (Sold still playing under Tim Kerr ownership)

Jacksonville Lizardkings (ECHL Folded they are trying to call it dormant)

Jacksonville Tomcats (AF2 Fold)

Birmingham Bulls (ECHL Sold franchise moved to Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies)

Birmingham Steeldawgs (AF2 Sold Still playing)

Just thoughth i would spout off for a min.

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

You forgot the Pensacola Barracudas. They folded them so they could "focus on the Ice Pilots." That was the off season before they sold them to Tim Kerr

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived