Kauffman and Arrowhead....renovated?

Ez Street

I'm posting this because if you click on the link and go to the renderings gallery you can see what they might add.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...rum/voteyes.jsp

I love the Kauffman improvements. Arrowhead will basically only have wider concorses. Kauffman is only on there so it doesn't just look like the Chiefs wanting money.

There is also rumblings that if BI-State II doesn't pass, that the Royals might move to downtown KC near the Sprint center and Union Station.

Muriel Kauffman designed the fountains, which are two #1's from above..... The fountains will never leave...they ARE Kauffman Stadium.

I'd hate to break it to you guys, but Bistate II is never going to pass. There are a lot of factors around this, but the fact is it just isn't going to happen unless something dramatic takes place in the next week.

In the words of Greg Hall in the Platte County Landmark (a local small paper), Johnson County (KS) voters are Texas Tech, and Bistate II is Nebraska.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I'd hate to break it to you guys, but Bistate II is never going to pass. There are a lot of factors around this, but the fact is it just isn't going to happen unless something dramatic takes place in the next week.

In the words of Greg Hall in the Platte County Landmark (a local small paper), Johnson County (KS) voters are Texas Tech, and Bistate II is Nebraska.

agreed. I've hear a lot of negative stuff about Bi-State II. Then you see the cheesy commercials they make people like George Brett do for the sake of passing it.

Kevin Keitzman on 810 WHB, was good when questioning Chiefs Owner Lamar Hunt. He asked hard questions about it, and Lamar was pretty much a dummy about the whole thing. They put Lamar out there as the front man, but give him no ammo. This thing is going down like a cheap hooker on your birthday....oh wait....bad example. :D

BI-State II drop kicked like a bitch. It needed 2 counties to pass, it recieved olny one. That county (Jackson) is where the Stadiums are located.

Clay Platte Jackson Johnson Wyandotte
Yes 43592 19052 150452 110424 17545
No  49034 20699 110111 134637 29928

Missouri: Platte, Clay, Jackson, Jonhson

Kansas: Wyandotte

In other Kansas sports venue news.....

Wichita passed their vote for building a new 15,000 seat downtown arena. The Tax increase will still need to be approved by the Kansas State Legislature in Topeka.

i think that was the big problem with the vote. Along with the rennovations was money for a new Performing Arts Center. The PAC has a lot of support, but the stadiums sank it. I think people would rather see new stadiums built for the teams. Well at least with the Royals. The Chiefs and Royals tried to scare people with the vague threat of the teams leaving. The Chiefs also were saying that if we improve Arrowhead, that KC could get a Super Bowl. That was the biggest piece of BS i've ever heard. I laughed my ass off when i heard that.

Average temp in KC in February is like 19 degrees. Sounds like PRIME Super bowl weather to me.

I'll say this now, the Royals will have a Downtown Ballpark............mark my words...

The Chiefs...........who knows......

" Average temp in KC in February is like 19 degrees. Sounds like PRIME Super bowl weather to me."

"Well at least a Super Bowl in KC would prevent another "wardrobe malfunction" ^_^"

"We will have to settle for 'It's a t*t bit nipply outside'...........

Sorry." :P

That'll cost you $550K for that joke, my friend.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'll say this now, the Royals will have a Downtown Ballpark............mark my words...

Don't get me wrong, the K is great, but I love the prospect of having a ballpark in downtown KC.

A downtown park for the Royals would be one of the worst things that could happen to KC. The Royals have one of the best stadiums in baseball, although of course it could take some fixing up, but what stadium doesn't? Parking would be horrendous, not to mention traffic itself. The only way any downtown stadium should be built would be one for the Chiefs, but as long as Lamar is still alive, they'll never leave Arrowhead. There are a litany of reasons why the stadium would be bad, and the negatives outway the positives by far. Having said that, I'm afraid it will happen at some point, unless area voters keep their senses and vote it down.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived