Syracuse in Creamsicle Orange

JamesCraven

I was there...and I rushed the fluffing field at the end! Seriously, if anyone gets the chance to rush the field/court after a win, ignore your common sense and your conscience and do it. It'll be one of the coolest things you ever do.

I jumped onto the SkyDome field right after the final out has been made three times, and though it was while doing my job it was still one of the coolest feelings in the world.

(apparently Braden has a photo of me doing this, but I haven't seen it yet!)

Walking on the turf with the left fielder just a few feet away, fireworks popping above you, standing very close to the players celebrating on the field. Hanging out behind home plate.

Ahhhhhhhhh I love my job.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm not crazy about them...but it's mostly the numbers that bother me. Switching the blue and white would be a good start. And maybe blue pants.

I was there...and I rushed the fluffing field at the end! Seriously, if anyone gets the chance to rush the field/court after a win, ignore your common sense and your conscience and do it. It'll be one of the coolest things you ever do.

I agree that using white numbers would help...I also think they need to get white pants to break up a bit of the orange. I'm sure Nike's can russle up a few extra pairs each year.

As for rushing the field, I've gotten to do it twice at the Dome...once at the end of the 1998 66-13 B*?!# slapping of Miami in McNabb's senior year. Kind of anticlimactic, however.

But storming the court after we beat UConn in the spring of 2000 to go to 16-0 was ridiculous. Best sports moment of my 4 years on the Hill.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Archived