Syracuse in Creamsicle Orange

JamesCraven

In their game today against the University of Pittsburgh, Syracuse is wearing an all-orange ensamble.

Helmets-orange with navy facemasks and navy and white stripes.

Jerseys-orange with navy numbers on a white drop shadow.

Pants-orange with navy and white side striping.

What the bloddy hell is this, a creamsicle or Metamucil?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I like it!

Of course, I am biased being an alumnus.

I liken it to the green jerseys that Notre Dame breaks out on occasion. rare occasions at that.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I like it!

Of course, I am biased being an alumnus.

I liken it to the green jerseys that Notre Dame breaks out on occasion. rare occasions at that.

With the exception of the fact that Notre Dame's green jerseys aren't absolutely hideous looking -- sure, I liken them to that also, I guess. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

ESPN's Rece Davis said that they look like safety workers on a construction site with all that orange.

Couldn't find any pictures. Is the Syracuse game being broadcasted?

Maybe I'll like em, I never had a problem with one color jerseys before...at least not too much...

It's being broadcasted on ESPN Gameplan on WB and MSG here in NY.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

ESPN just switched for the final minutes after the UNC-VT game.

Wow. Those are horrible. You can't read anything from far away, just obnoxious bright orange figures running around. Just bad, bad, bad.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm not crazy about them...but it's mostly the numbers that bother me. Switching the blue and white would be a good start. And maybe blue pants.

I was there...and I rushed the fluffing field at the end! Seriously, if anyone gets the chance to rush the field/court after a win, ignore your common sense and your conscience and do it. It'll be one of the coolest things you ever do.

It'll be one of the coolest things you ever do.

But it may the most foolish thing you ever do.

Drunk fans and losing players do not mix!

Anyone remember the college coach that b-slapped a field rushing fan last season? Where was that?

BTW, CUSE won 38-31 in 2 OT.

They have a legitimate shot at the Big East crown and a BCS bowl bid.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

It'll be one of the coolest things you ever do.

But it may the most foolish thing you ever do.

Drunk fans and losing players do not mix!

Anyone remember the college coach that b-slapped a field rushing fan last season? Where was that?

BTW, CUSE won 38-31 in 2 OT.

They have a legitimate shot at the Big East crown and a BCS bowl bid.

Well, it was either storm the field or get trampled by my fellow students. And I wanted to get it in at some point anyway. There were a lot of seniors on the field at their last SU home game yelling about how they finally got to the storm the field, and I didn't know if I'd get another shot at it with Coach P around.

They dismantled the goalposts before we could get to them, and we were behind the Syracuse bench anyway.

And we do have a very nice shot at a bowl. Our game against BC is gonna be huge. Or HUUUUUUUGE. Gah, I hate Billy Fucillo.

I'll agree with United Waffles that you should do it because if not, you're bound to get trampled -- but I do think that fans charging the field is a really stupid thing to do and I'd like to see some school work towards keeping the fans from doing it.

Too dangerous. If someone trips, they're bound to get trampled and end up with some serious injuries. If I remember correctly, I've read some articles about fans getting trampled when storming the field.

That said, it is a pretty cool feeling to storm the field. :P

IUe6Hvh.png

I must admit...I feel a bit sorry for current SU students. They haven't seen a bowl caliber football team in years. Some may not see one in their 4 plus years on campus. In my day, the team was top 25 3 out of 4 years. So many pro players have come from SU from the mid-90's.

But yous (current students) get to enjoy a better hoops squad then we ever had. They were good in my day, but not this good.

Remember Moten? I think the dude is playing in Europe now.

I think Cuse gets to Final Four this year. Winning the tournament is hard and takes alot of luck, so i'm not pinning those hopes on them just yet.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

I must admit...I feel a bit sorry for current SU students. They haven't seen a bowl caliber football team in years. Some may not see one in their 4 plus years on campus. In my day, the team was top 25 3 out of 4 years.  So many pro players have come from SU from the mid-90's.

But yous (current students) get to enjoy a better hoops squad then we ever had.  They were good in my day, but not this good.

Remember Moten? I think the dude is playing in Europe now.

I think Cuse gets to Final Four this year.  Winning the tournament is hard and takes alot of luck, so i'm not pinning those hopes on them just yet.

Oh, I am so pumped for basketball this year. Hak and Mac are going to be at the top of their games, Billy's gonna be back, the Sophs are gonna step up. The Dome is gonna rock this winter (btw, we got just a shade more people for the UConn-Cuse football game last week than we got for the UConn-Cuse basketball game to close out the regular season last year - both around 33,000).

Now that I've rushed the field once, I think it's out of my system and I can realize I dodged getting really hurt at least three times in a wild five minute span. But it was a blast.

"Drunk fans and losing players do not mix!

Anyone remember the college coach that beyotch-slapped a field rushing fan last season? Where was that?"

That was at Marshall a couple years ago when a Miami (OH) assistant knocked a Thundering Herd fan silly.

"Drunk fans and losing players do not mix!

Anyone remember the college coach that beyotch-slapped a field rushing fan last season? Where was that?"

That was at Marshall a couple years ago when a Miami (OH) assistant knocked a Thundering Herd fan silly.

HEY!

You changed my words from b-slapped to beyotch slapped.

Thanks for paraphrasing...I like it.

BUT DONT DO IT AGAIN PLEASE.

Thanks for the info though

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Archived