how did you get started?

stimpy

I found Chris Creamer's joint during the Leafs-Flyers series in '02-03, because I was looking for wallpapers for the computer lab where I worked as a camp counsellor.

I then fell in love with the Rafale jerseys that Roger Clemente made, and then adopted it as my own style.

I haven't quite located my sanity since. ;)

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Been drawing sports logos and have had a facination with sports logos and the history of sports logos since i can remember.... since, like.. 4 or 5 years old....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Like many of the other cats have related, I have been into sports nicknames, logos, & color schemes since I was a kid. I think this came about because in addtion to liking to play sports, I always loved to draw, and liked comic books/superheroes a lot as a kid. The team names and color schemes between sports teams and superheroes are very similar, so there was a connection there. (When was in junior high, I once made up a whole pantheon of super-heroes based on NFL teams, e.g. Falconman, Steeler, The Dolphin, and 70s special "Big John Brown" from Cleveland, who looked a lot like Luke Cage with a big afro, brown boots and belt, orange tights and white open-collared shirt. If I ever find that I'll post it for laughs, Florida Hot-style)... In college I designed a team of superheroes called the College Champions, with a whole backstory, based on college teams (War Eagle, Longhorn, Scarlet Knight, Runnin' Rebel, etc).

As I was growing up, I always made it a point to find out the nicknames, colors, and logos of teams. (For you youngsters, this was a lot harder in pre-internet days). My dad and I had a blast in the summer of '79 trying to find out the nicknames of all the NASL teams.... I also collected gumball helmets, icee cups, NFL wear, game programs-- anything with logos.

Started making up logos in junior high for a fictitious battleball (dodgeball) league, football leagues, soccer leagues, etc. It seemed I always had a friend or two who did the same thing, so we'd bounce ideas off each other... In 1978, when I was 13, I actually sent a bunch of hand-drawn concepts for the newly-relocated San Diego franchise to NBA Commissioner Larry O'Brien... just before college, I made up names, logos and unis for the USFL after they announced their cities... continued doodling and designing up to this day, with everything from baseball possibilities to NFL expansion possibilities to hockey and baseball concepts. Being older, most of my stuff is on paper and in folders. I hadn't really done much computer graphic work until the last few years...

As I alluded to earlier, I was interested in sports growing up (played varsity football and soccer up to high school, intramurals and men's leagues afterward). Also have been interested in the business side of sports; wrote my master's thesis on the planning and politics associated with the development of the Georgia Dome).

Found out about this board a year or so ago, and of course knew about CC's Logo site well before then. Both are great references. I am always impressed by the quality of work and amount of knowledge presented by the posters here.

It is what it is.

Archived