Message from Paul Lukas of UniWatch

TBGKon

Are any of y'all going to seek out his next column? Myself, I dunno. I mean, besides looking to see "what's he up to now?!", will you look forward to it?

To be honest, I've never really read the article on a regular basis -- now and then, it seems like it's supposed to be a fun look on the subject, which is alright... but I would be more interested in a serious regular piece on the topic.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my 2 cents into this topic.

I more disagree with the guy that chose the best 10 helmets (few days ago) then Lucas. As I said one day I'll make George Washingotn at bat logo in Illustrator and then it will look exactly like he doesn't want it, corporate like, designed by proffesional, but for us it wil be great, everything we like. I guess what I want to say, we developed the similar taste in sports logos, we do disagree on some small things that are inside of our taste group, but Lucas is something we don't experiance here, something totaly different and that's why we couldn't accept it.

On the other hand, we should be pleased to be visited buy that guy, and before we know it, we'll start making bigger difference in sports logo world.

MY viewpoint:

To me it is very simple:

1. Lukas writes his opinions and is entitled to

2. We all have a right to agree or disagree with those opinions

3. If we happen to very strongly "agree", we should feel free to "praise" at our poetic best

4. If we happen to strongly "disagree", we should feel free to offer our differing opinion as strongly as we feel we need to- WITHOUT resorting to "personal insults", "character assassination", "crude language", "negative name calling", "flat-out Hate", ...you get MY point.

Show "respect", "class", "professionalism", "dignity",... you get MY point. Hiding behind things such as "He's too thin skinned", "I'd rather be truthful than simply be politically correct", and similar things... ARE NOT VALID EXCUSES TO BE UNCIVIL in MY Opinion"

5. It is easy sometimes, especially in "written" words (such as emails) to be misunderstood due to the fact that the "tone" of our message is often difficult to "read" without hearing voice inflections, etc. That being the case, it IS possible that some negative comments or sarcasm were not meant to truly be "Mean Spirited". I just suggest that when in doubt, rephrase to avoid misinterpretation.

CONCLUSION:

Reasonable people certainly can disagree. You CAN take the high road and voice strongly differing opinions that CLEARLY do not fall into my point #4.

Although YOU have the right to differ with MY above assessment, I must admit that I would feel pretty sad if anyone did.

Have a great Holiday.

Archived