Majerus Returning to College Hoops

yh

Former Utah coach Rick Majerus is ending his self-imposed retirement to return to the college hoops head coaching ranks. Majerus, who resigned as the head coach of the Utes in January citing health issues, will take over Southern Cal's basketball team next fall. Notwithstanding the fact that he doesn't start his new job til next fall, he is resigning immediately from his broadcast position at ESPN and will pay a buyout sum.

This is interesting on many levels. Why did he have to leave the pristine air of Utah because of his health and not even one year later decide it was okay to move to smoggy LA? Why isn't he taking an immediate position with USC - not necessarily to take over the team, but perhaps to start researching prospects and doing whatever kind of recruiting the NCAA would permit? And if he isn't starting at USC until next fall, why isn't he holding on to his ESPN gig? Perhaps ESPN has a policy or maybe the NCAA does. So many unanswered questions . . .

He must of had a load of friends and family and doctors talk him out of it, becuase he is really in bad shape from what I understand. I think I heard some where he has had several bypass surgeries.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived