2004 NFL Awards

NJTank

Green Bay will not make it because: Their defense is ridiculously porous. The firing of Ed Donatell actually made their defense WORSE. And we all know, the only way you can make it to the Super Bowl is with a big play defense. Green Bay is far from that.

#31 Al Harris. Seahawk fans last year remember him during wildcard. That is big play defense. Al Harris, he'll turn some heads in the playoffs. Seahawks are who I want to win it, though hardly likely. I think the 'Hawks will be St. Louis, and then get blown out in the next round. Lets hope its not the case though.

Al "pass interference" Harris.

They should of kept McKenzie.

Any player with his extension hanging out of his helmet should automatically get a 15 yard personal. It's the worst fad to hit any sport at any time in history. All I can think of is all the horse that had to get shaved to supply the NFL with those horrible dooo's.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT {Even though this entire thing has spun off topic}: Why is it that almost everytime a topic comes up about the NFL, an argument about the NFC occurs. One thing I've noticed is that not one argument has been spurred about the AFC. All the good teams are in that conference, I'd expect those fans to come out and start spitting poison at each other. But yea, you leave it to the fans of the sad sack conference of football, the NFC.

OK, so the Packers are 10-6. But, over the last 11 they are 9-2. One of those losses came against the Eagles when Westbrook had a career gameanf McNabb was brilliant. The other against a good D in Jacksonville.

As for the 4 game losing streak, one game Favre got a concussion and only played a half, another Green did squat, another they were just outplayed by the Titans, and the last one was the shootout w/Peyton. Over the same 11 game span the Eagles are 8-3 and the Falcons are 7-4.

They have the best Offense in the NFC. The same way the Colts can be a favorite in the AFC, is the same reason the Pack can be a favotite in the NFC. So what if they give up alot, they score more.

Without TO, McNabb goes back to the McNabb of the last 3 years. The McNabb who questions whether or not he can win the big game to get to the big one. If anything this Eagles team is worse off than the previous 3. They spent the whole year focusing on TO, and other D's did also to the benefit of Westbrook and McNabb. Without TO now they can focus on McNabb because he doesn't have that deep threat. It's just like the Vikes. When Culpepper had Moss he was on fire. Once Moss got hurt, Culpeppers year went down and they never got it back when Moss returned.

The Falcons. Vick, IMHO, is the Most Over-rated player in the NFL. If Vick gets stopped so does Dunn. If Vick can't get Crumpler involved early, there goes the passing game. His WR corps is full of #2's. No one can argue that Vick is NOT a passing QB. He had maybe 2 or 3 good passing games. They should create a new position for him, QRB.

Both Teams have solid D's that will be the key to them winning. I'm not talking about stopping the other team, i'm talking about big plays. The D's will have to score for either team to advance, that or pitch a shutout.

I'll stick by my pick of GB to the Super Bowl.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Exactly.

I meant: "And you think the Falcons haven't been dissed all year?"

Anyway, I do not see Green Bay making the Super Bowl..but if they do, I won't attack them..they're inspired..

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived