D-Backs Hat Question

rmackman

I own this authentic Arizona Diamondbacks hat that is teal with a purple visor and a purple A on it with the D-Backs pattern. I know they only had it their inaugural season, but I don't think they ever wore it on the field. Maybe it's a collector's item now? Does anyone remember then wearing those hats? Also how about the teal Mariners hat? Those were cool!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I do remember seeing the teal M's hats in action, just about the first time they wore the teal jerseys. I wanna say the teal-billed hat you described was the D-backs' original road hat, but I could be wrong.

for the hell of mentioning it, I also remember a white D-back hat with the A on it and a purple bill, and I'm not sure THAT was ever worn.

while we're on the subject of collector's item hats, my old roommate had one of the D-rays hats that I don't think was ever worn (black w/purple bill, ray over oval)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The D-Backs did wear the teal crown/purple visor caps a few times. It was worn at home the times I spotted it. They did also weal the white cap several times. The D-Backs original road cap was black crown/teal visor.

The Devil Rays did wear the black crown/purple visor, but only a few times. If I remember correctly, it was worn with the black alternate at home.

The Rays hat that was never used was a purple crown/black visor. Now THAT's a collector's item.

Archived