BaltimoreFan's NFL Draft Challenge

BaltimoreFan

(Favre could pull a couple more years off).

This thinking is the reason the bears and packers will soon switch rolls in the NFC north.

You guys need a viable back up QB. I know you don't want to believe it, but one day sooner than later, The greatest QB ever will hang them up. And you are telling me Craig Nall is ready to take it over. Ask bears fans how we feel about the "viable backup Dr. Quinn, :censored:ty Quarterkback." Who's third string?

Better safe than sorry on QBs. Those other positions are a dime a dozen, a QB is hard to come by. Ask the bears and probably 10 other teams how hard it is to find a starting QB.

Okay I guess I kind of worded what I was hoping to say wrong. This draft doesn't have very good QBs. I dont even think Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith are going to become great QBs. So I feel the Packers should not waste a pick on a QB that has no chance of taking over for Favre. Instead they improve their defense and OL now. Maybe next season there will be better QBs to draft to use with our first round pick. As for Favre I think he can pull off at least one more season. Then he could maybe still play for a little in 2006 (maybe even 2007) and teach the new guy.

This thinking is the reason the bears and packers will soon switch rolls in the NFC north.

You guys need a viable back up QB. I know you don't want to believe it, but one day sooner than later, The greatest QB ever will hang them up. And you are telling me Craig Nall is ready to take it over. Ask bears fans how we feel about the "viable backup Dr. Quinn, :censored:ty Quarterkback." Who's third string?

Better safe than sorry on QBs. Those other positions are a dime a dozen, a QB is hard to come by. Ask the bears and probably 10 other teams how hard it is to find a starting QB.

I never thought the day would come when i agree with a Bears fan....but there is a need for a QB,and allthough there are some really solid ones availible next year,there are a few i really like that will be around when GB picks this year.And personally I would rather take a chance in the draft now on a young guy,and give him a year or two to learn from Favre,then draft one and throw him in the fire.

And i hate to break the bubble for all my fellow Packer fans on the board but Nall is not the answer,yes he looked good against the Bears last year,but i dont see him as a 16 game a year go to guy.

Ted Thompson will take a QB early in the draft,i suspect thats pretty much a given.Its just a matter of where he thinks the guy he wants will be around.

And I dont see the Bear-Packer role switch anytime soon :P

Also IMO Favre is not the greatest QB ever,he is top 5 for certain but he isnt #1,in my book that belongs to John Elway :notworthy:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

I never thought the day would come when i agree with a Bears fan....but there is a need for a QB,and allthough there are some really solid ones availible next year,there are a few i really like that will be around when GB picks this year.And personally I would rather take a chance in the draft now on a young guy,and give him a year or two to learn from Favre,then draft one and throw him in the fire.

And i hate to break the bubble for all my fellow Packer fans on the board but Nall is not the answer,yes he looked good against the Bears last year,but i dont see him as a 16 game a year go to guy.

Ted Thompson will take a QB early in the draft,i suspect thats pretty much a given.Its just a matter of where he thinks the guy he wants will be around.

And I dont see the Bear-Packer role switch anytime soon :P

Also IMO Favre is not the greatest QB ever,he is top 5 for certain but he isnt #1,in my book that belongs to John Elway :notworthy:

Here is a quote from a article in the GB News Chronicle

"We look at that position ... we would like to take quarterbacks; we would like to take offensive linemen," Thompson said. "We're not necessarily more focused on them than any other position. But, you shouldn't be surprised if we were to take a quarterback."

Here is whole article:

http://www.greenbaynewschron.com/packers/p...?article=131060

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Here's my Top 10 for today's draft, along with some comments.

1. SF - Alex Smith-QB-Utah (Next Tim Couch ...mistake by SF)

2. MIA - Braylon Edwards-WR-Michigan (Trade will go down so he won't play for MIA)

3. CLE - Aaron Rodgers-QB-Cal (Should be #1 QB taken)

4. CHI - Mike Williams-WR-USC

5. TB - Ronnie Brown- RB- Auburn

6. TEN- Antrel Rolle-CB-Miami

7. MIN - Adam "Pac-man" Jones-CB-West Virginia

8. ARI - Carnell "Cadillac" Williams-RB-Auburn

9. WAS - Cedric Benson-RB-Texas

10. DET - Derrick Johnson-LB-Texas

6uXNWAo.png

Archived