Fantasy Baseball Concept

Shmee

Just for quick reference, this is for an off-board fantasy baseball team. The 11 stars represent New York's status as the eleventh state to ratify the US Constitution. I have a little not-so-hidden element that I'm pretty fond of, but I won't mention it here. ^_^

As always, any and all critique is appreciated.

navs1.gif

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Very cool. The clockwise rotation of the lettering seems a little odd as I would think having "New York" farther left then "Navigators" would make it easier to read, but I think I can see why you did that. It makes it line up with what I think your hidden element is. I think I know what it is but so as to allow others to guess I will scroll down for mine. Could it be...

"Give me your tired, your poor..." ?

Is it supposed to resemble the Statue of Liberty? (Which btw, belongs to Jersey, Typical New York scum stealing everything.)

Hmmm... I realize now that the compass rose does in fact resemble the Statue of Liberty's crown, but that was entirely unintentional, perhaps just subliminal.

As for philly97flyer's comment that the statue actually belongs to New Jersey, you'll be sad to find out that in fact, it does not. (that's a link)

sticksstones4.png

Not the crown of the statue, the base. (See your link.)

Oh, and said link also says that though Liberty Island is on the New Jersey side of the state line, it is not part of that state. Liberty Island is New York.

And now you know! ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Shall I spoil the fun? The N in New York is at the North point of the compass, and the S in Navigators is at the South. Very cool!

Glad someone got it. ^_^

Does anyone have any ideas on what might need changing?

sticksstones4.png

Archived