Coach HypoKrzyzewskite

VitaminD

FULL DISCLOSURE UP FRONT: I am a proud UNC graduate, and I chose UNC over, among other schools, Duke. I have nothing against Duke per se , and I have family who went there. And I am from New Jersey, so I passed up going to the University of New Jersey at Durham (hardy har har).

That said, Coach K once again shows himself as the fraud that he is. He gets paid huge money to sit for American Express ads, all preachy and sanctimonious, about how he wants his players prepared for life outside of basketball. He extols the virtues of a Duke education and being a Duke graduate.

Then, he "supports 100%" Shavlik Randolph's decision to apply for the NBA draft. This is the same kid who went from being the #1 recruit in the nation in 2002 - ahead of guys named Amare Stoudamire, Carmelo Anthony, Dee Brown, Raymond Felton, Chris Bosh, Sean May - to a stellar 6.3 ppg career in 3 injury- and illness-filled years under the masterful tutelage of Coach K. He was pushed around and dominated by most every ACC big man he matched up against.

So why is the Rat-Faced One ready to endorse Shav for the NBA? Does he honestly believe his lack of size and strength at the college level will allow that 6 point average to flourish at the next level? Or is he washing his hands of another touted prospect he couldn't develop to recoup an available scholarship, so he can mismanage another stellar high school prodigy?

Just askin' is all...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

hah, yeah that is pretty lame. Its sad how some of these players cant 'make it' in college, but feel the need to go to the NBA. Makes you wonder why the game itself is deteriorating play wise. All these kids see is the money, they dont really care if they win, or how many points they average.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

My beef isn't with Shav as much as it is with Coach K. He loves to put forth this sanctimonious appearance, that he really cares about the student-athlete, and that he is crusading to defend the integrity of college sports. But then he turns around and offers bad advice to a kid he got to commit to his program, never developed, and is now ready to throw to the wolves. Shavlik Randolph is physically and mentally unprepared for the next level, and Coach K would just as soon wash his hands of him rather than admit his own shortcomings, if it means he has one more scholarship down the line and he doesn't have to have this constant reminder of his own failings at practice and on his bench.

Meanwhile, he never told the ACC's leading scorer (J.J. Redick) or one of its better centers (Shelden Williams) that they should go for the NBA early. Wonder why that is? Aren't they more NBA-ready than Shav?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I am a huge Heels fan as well. You make some great points about coach K, Vitamin D. If I remember correctly, Shavlik was deciding between UNC and Dook. I am glad the way things turned out the way they did.

Archived