Tank Stumper 5/19/05

NJTank

Star War movies have been released in 6 years 1977, 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, 2005.

What teams in the NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB won titles in 2 of those years, and what connection do 2 of them have with the Dark Side.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I believe it's the Yankees for the MLB and the Patriots (02, 05) for the NFL.

Not sure of any connections with Star Wars besides the Yankees being nicknamed the Evil Empire -- and if I remember correctly, when they were first called that, there was a picture of Darth Vader with a Yankees logo on saying 'May the Curse be with you'.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yankees (1977 & 1999)

Isanders (1980 & 1983)

Raiders (1980 & 1983)

Star Wars conncetion? Evil empires?? I dunno.

Raiders could be right, as well. I assumed it meant the Championship game was played in that year -- but I'm not sure, anymore.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not sure of any connections with Star Wars besides the Yankees being nicknamed the Evil Empire -- and if I remember correctly, when they were first called that, there was a picture of Darth Vader with a Yankees logo on saying 'May the Curse be with you'.

I didn't count the Pats on my lists because it was the 2001, '02, and '04 teams that won the Super Bowl, although the games were held in 2002, '03 and '05.

6uXNWAo.png

I didn't count the Pats on my lists because it was the 2001, '02, and '04 teams that won the Super Bowl, although the games were held in 2002, '03 and '05.

Ok, so together we got 3 of the leagues named no matter which of the NFL teams would be correct... who would the NBA team be? Lakers won in 02... and I assume they won in one of the 80's years. So Lakers for NBA?

IUe6Hvh.png

Ok, so together we got 3 of the leagues named no matter which of the NFL teams would be correct... who would the NBA team be? Lakers won in 02... and I assume they won in one of the 80's years. So Lakers for NBA?

Here are the NBA teams in those years:

1977 - Blazers

1980 - Lakers

1983 - 76ers

1999 - Spurs

2002 - Lakers

2005 - TBD

Okay, so I forgot about the Lakers.

6uXNWAo.png

Yankees (1977 & 1999)

Islanders (1980 & 1983)

Raiders (1980 & 1983)

Lakers (1980 & 2002)

Final answer.

As to what the have to do with the dark side? I have no f'n clue.

6uXNWAo.png

Yankees (1977 & 1999)

Islanders (1980 & 1983)

Raiders (1980 & 1983)

Lakers (1980 & 2002)

Final answer.

As to what the have to do with the dark side? I have no f'n clue.

Ahhh, you've never heard of Darth Raider my friend? And yep, the Yankees are the Evil Empire

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived