Vector images

el paso

el paso

I am just a rookie too - 2month on board here.

Syi PHi and the gang explained it best, .gif & .jpeg are images created with dots/squares.  If you try to enlarge the picture it becomes fuzzy.

With vectorized, thru the "science" of the illustrator, Like Adobe 10, the lines and picture can be enlarge w/o distortion and the quality, as you know, is awesome.

If you have any questions, many of the "graphic warriors" can answer them better than I could.  

Good to have you here.  Have a great day! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

you can, but it's a manual process. adobe illustrator or corel draw would be better suited for this but it is not too complicated to do in photoshop. just lock the rastor image (*.jpg, *.tif, *.gif) and on a new path layer redraw each element as vector lines or paths. close and fill as needed. then export paths to illustrator to save as *.ai(eps). if you're new to using the pen tool for drawing, look in the manual for each tool's uses, or check out some of the tutorial sites on the web. once you learn the keyboard shortcuts, redrawing with the pen tool is the way to get an accurate drawing with nice clean vector lines.

also, AI and CorelDraw allows the same process mentioned above. it's a good skill to learn if you want to do these types of image files correctly.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

VECTOR refers to coordinates, similar to a map.

Illustrator uses mathematical coordinates between points to calculate and design the image. This is why when you enlarge a vector image it does not lose any quality at all, because the calculations take place and are multiplied or divided accordingly.

To get a Photoshop image vectorized it is best to place it in Illustrator and then literally TRACE over it. Although this process is the most tedious and time consuming it produces the best results.

If patience is not an option you posses, i recommend getting Adobe Streamline which will convert images to Vector format to the best of it's ability and you can then fine tune the newly vectorized image.

el paso... there is actually a way to vectorize images in Photoshop 7 without purchasing Streamline. It takes a very long time to do it this way, but I do it all the time. However, in the end you will need a vector graphics program like Illustrator, Freehand or CorelDraw to make corrections to the vector lines exported from Photoshop. If you don't have one of these programs, then your file will never truly be a vector file. If you have Illustrator, I can help walk you through the steps of making a vector file in Photoshop and getting it into Illustrator to finalize. Good luck.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

Thanks. Is it easy to understand and follow?  I overthink things sometimes and end up making it harder than what it should be.  I left out the Illustrator information because I felt that if you wanted an image in vector format, you knew how to work with them in Illustrator.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

good tutorial, HG.

love the signature logo, reminds me of the ECHL Riverfrogs mutated into a Florida Everblades logos (go Checkers!).

i've also found another neat "cheat" when wanting to use a element from a flash website.  right-click to get a scroll down to "zoom object", save to clipboard (print screen), paste in photoShop.  some images require paneled screenshots, but you'll have a nice clean raster to start from.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived