Ot: nhl heritage classic

nitroseed

Sounds like shinny!

Mockba

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But that very fact should make it easier (though not easy) to put some seats in below.  Hockey seating generally doesn't start that high, so there should be some room to continue downward.  

I do agree that it would be easier to add seats below. However, one must consider how many rows can be added and how far away the front row is from the rink. Perhaps, if you had a gradient (or slope) that is similar to what arenas use for basketball configurations, then maybe it can happen. There are standards as to how rows of seats are set up. There are also standards such as how far the farthest seat in the stadium is from the centre of the playing surface for example (under normal circumstances of course).

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah that pre-season game was LA Kings vs ?? Kelly Rhudy had a helmet cam...the ice started to melt and everything!!

In 1991 the LA Kings played the NY Rangers at the outdoor arena at Caesar's Palace.  I don't recall hearing anything about the ice melting, however.

Archived