Browns concept uniform

Zlaster

I'm a Browns fan. Just happened to google around and find this thread on this forum. So I thought I'd register and offer my idea for a uniform. The Browns are noted for having very simple uniforms. No logos or anything. As such, here is my concept.

Helmet:

The basic template of my Browns concept helmet in my design is the new York Jets helmet.

+ All-white helmet. This harkens back to when the Browns used to wear all-white helmets in their early years.

+ Two stripes on the top.

My concept helmet varies from the Jets helmet in the following ways:

+ White facemask

The uniqueness of my helmet is in the color of the striping. All current NFL helmets have a symmetry in the color of helmet stripes. If there are two stripes, they are both the same color. If there are three stripes, the outside stripes are the same color and the middle stripes is different. In my Browns helmet, we break this rule:

+ When looking at the front of the helmet, the left stripe is brown and the right stripe is orange.

+ The players' number is in classic football-style block font on each side. On the brown stripe side, the number is orange. On the orange stripe side, the number is brown. This harkens back to when the Browns used to have numbers on the side of their helmets.

Jersey:

I will borrow the Jets jersey again. Again, we break the rule of symmetry.

+ When looking at the jersey from the front, the left shoulder is brown and the right is orange.

Pants: Again we borrow the Jets pants as a template. The Jets use white pants with two green stripes. Again, my concept uniform will break the rule of symmetry. The stripe closest to the front is orange and the other one brown.

I think the end result is a uniform that looks simple and elegeant, yet has a uniqueness all its own.

I don't think I have ever seen a concept written in words. The helmets stripe sounds like arizona wildcats old assymetrical helmets without the a on the side, and a lot of teams wear pants with assymetrical striping patterns which I like sometimes. I like your ideas.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

you might want to consider adding a brown face mask with the white helmet, along with some brown or orange pants for road games along with darkening the orange so that you have a university of texas feel

As a lifelong Browns fan I'm very much against radical changes to this classic uniform.

Having said that- The three-color helmet stripes were used by the Cowboys in'76 in honor of the Bicentennial. And you'd have to check an NFL rule book or style guide but I believe that jerseys must be symmetrical in design, so no one-shoulder-brown-one-shoulder-orange style would be allowed. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Archived