Worst Dressed World Series

tater

1979 in a runaway.

No one mentioned it, but 1983 merits consideration. The Phillies in their powder blue, zipper-front "pajama" uniforms and maroon hats against the Sansabelt glory of the same Orioles uniforms that are being lambasted from the '79 series (although I thought their three-tone hats - black back, white front, orange brim) were outstanding.

The Orioles never wore their orange unis in any game of the 1983 Series, simply their home white and road gray.

1979 in a runaway.

No one mentioned it, but 1983 merits consideration.  The Phillies in their powder blue, zipper-front "pajama" uniforms and maroon hats against the Sansabelt glory of the same Orioles uniforms that are being lambasted from the '79 series (although I thought their three-tone hats - black back, white front, orange brim) were outstanding.

The Orioles never wore their orange unis in any game of the 1983 Series, simply their home white and road gray.

I was referring to the entire Orioles look for 1983, which like you said, had been watered down by dumping the traffic cone orange jerseys they used in '79. But the Phillies weren't helping any with what they were wearing back then.

And redsfan, the ChiSox did wear Bermuda shorts in 1976, for the first game of a doubleheader. They wore pants for the 2nd game. During the late '70s (and into 1980?) they also had butterfly collars with contrasting colors - navy collars on white jerseys, and always worn wide open. Sheesh...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived