Houston Astros concept

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the additional comments. I think I got it right on that last one. Different, but not too strange. I might develop a patch for the sleeves. I think a patch on, say, the left sleeve would work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The latest tweak is better than the giant rainbow across the chest, but based on the location of the new stripes, it might look better as a vest than as a sleeved jersey. Those stripes would be a nice hem for the sleeves, and you could use whatever color undershirt you want, since you have 3 of them in your scheme.

All in all, better and better...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The latest tweak is better than the giant rainbow across the chest, but based on the location of the new stripes, it might look better as a vest than as a sleeved jersey.  Those stripes would be a nice hem for the sleeves, and you could use whatever color undershirt you want, since you have 3 of them in your scheme.

All in all, better and better...

There are two reasons I didn't want to use a vest:

1) I consider the vest "style" to be kinda skewed toward a traditional look. I may be way off on this, but it's in the back of my mind.

2) More importantly, using a vest (blue, let's say) would make the "arches" disappear and turn into stripes on the edge of the jersey. By keeping the same color on either side of the stripes, it makes it appear to be more like a hyperbolic curve, a la rockets lifting off (or something spacey).

Finally, here's the final (I think) iteration. Added a very simple alternate patch to the left sleeve.

Houston4.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

These'll do just fine. But they're still going to have rainbows across the sleeves unless those stripes don't continue onto the backs of the sleeves.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived