Houston Astros concept

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The sleeve stripes aren't working for me. Perhaps arch them the other way, and bring them up to the collar.

could not agree more. I really like the idea too, but they would look weird on, if you arched them the other way, i think you may have something.

I love the colors you chose, not exactly what they had.

A real nice blend of old and new.

A very good job, although I'd like to see how those sleeve stripes look in action before a final judgment - remember how different the AZ Cardinals' stripes looked from concept to being worn.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Holy mackarel, that is nice. The only thing that bothered me was the orange star seems to overwhelm the yellow wordmark outline on the home uniforms. I don't know if there is a way around that, because flipping the two would make the star too light...ahh heck, forget that - don't change a thing. This is way better then I could have come up with and I can't think of anything to improve it.

LT

I like them a lot. Nice colors. My only tweak would be to slide the rainbow around to the hem line. Almost as if it was a vest piping. The stripes on the BP sleeves might look a little odd around Bagwell's massive bicepts. But they really do look good.

Obviously this is a design that wouldn't work with 29 other baseball teams, but the Astros could pull it off. With a name that conjures images of the future and space, they need to get a little more crazy with their design. Like others have said, I like the renewal of the 90's wordmark. But i'm not a fan of the color scheme. I personaly like what they have now; while it doesn't say space and future, it does say Texas...at least to me. Everything you used looks a little too bright. I'd use a much darker navy and I'm not sure if I like the orange and the gold lining up right next to each other. Other than that, no complaints. Great job.

Thanks for all the good feedback everyone. Here's the update.

Houston2.gif

I darkened the blue quite a bit, now it's more of a "midnight" blue.

I also changed the shoulder/sleeve stripes. BallWonk and tajmccall, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind. I'm still undecided about which way I want them.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

It was great before, but even better now. The dark blue looks much better and works well with the other colors. I am not feeling the rain bow though. I liked how they made it look in the '80s but this one isn't working somehow. Maybe you might try straightening them out or try to use them as thin piping for the jerseys or if they become too much of a bother just eliminate them because they may not be necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Dang, this set is so cool... Anyway, yes I am having a little problem with the rainbow stripes too. I actually like the first stripe version better. Often, a unique stripe pattern can lift an otherwise bland uniform design. In this case, though, the uniform design is so strong that the stripes actually detract by looking like a gimmick. I would go more conventional with the stripes, but not too conventional . How about just using them at the sleeve seams (i.e. making them tapered shoulder stripes)?

Love the concept, except the rainbows went from bad to worse. Initially, if they just went around the sleeves, you'd have a tiny rainbow on each shoulder, seen only in profile. Now there's a gigantic rainbow framing the top of the jersey. Not diggin' it. I'd even take the old racing stripes they had in the late '80s down the sleeves if you really have to have a lot of striping on the sleeves. Or tapered stripes might work, but no big rainbows. I can't see too many proud major leaguers running around with rainbows across their chests (except the old Denver Nuggets, but that's another discussion for later).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for all the good feedback everyone. Here's the update.

Houston2.gif

I darkened the blue quite a bit, now it's more of a "midnight" blue.

I also changed the shoulder/sleeve stripes. BallWonk and tajmccall, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind. I'm still undecided about which way I want them.

This is probably the only time i'll ever say this but that's hot.

Send that to Houston pronto. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived