Washington Nationals Concept

Audiodrama

That is a nice look for the Nationals. After the Nationals logo and uniforms were released, there were rumors that this concept was made until the team had new owners. Then they could make changes as they would want for their team. If this is the case, I believe it will be tough to change anything. I think people have grown to like what the Nationals have for logos, colors, and uniforms.

After the Nationals logo and uniforms were released, there were rumors that this concept was made until the team had new owners. Then they could make changes as they would want for their team. If this is the case, I believe it will be tough to change anything. I think people have grown to like what the Nationals have for logos, colors, and uniforms.

(BTW, as a Twins fan emeritus, and in particular a Kent Hrbek fan, I love your sig and your avatar.)

When I wrote Emperor Selig a letter last October supporting a name he did not choose, he replied to me with a letter addressing the points I raised. In his response to me, Emperor Selig implied strongly that the new owners would be encouraged to re-brand the team coincidentally with the move into the new ballpark in 2008 or '09. A couple of columnists last fall also cited sources who said the Nationals name was chosen with the intent of encouraging the new owners to change it when the team moves into the new ballpark.

Emperor Selig, of course, has been open about his preference for calling the team the Senators. He's big into tradition, even though that wasn't the team's actual name for most of the 20th century, and in fact the Nationals name dates to 1859.

Although Nationals was not my first choice for a team name, I really hope the new owners don't change it. The current look really fits with Washington as a city, and its monumental architecture in particular. The W could certainly be improved, but it's adequate, and if this team stays in the pennant race then the current name and uniforms will have a lot of sentimental support.

20082614447.png

A few comments:

The home and away designs don't really do anything for me. I'd keep those as they are.

I'm not a fan of your numbers. The current numbers match the current font. I do, however, like the font you have for the names. The current name font is wayyyyy too big.

Your two alt jerseys are great. I would rather see the sleeveless alt with a navy undershirt, though. Also, the piping on your sleeveless doesn't match the piping on those pants.

I really hope the Nats do make alternates next year that are like either of yours, because I would definitely buy those.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Archived