UC Davis Football and Basketball Concepts

LMU

As some are aware, UC Davis recently made the jump to D-I (AA for football). The logos are excellent, but they are hardly utilized to their potential, and the wordmarks are very unstandardized, as are the colors. For example:

ab_christsum.jpg

128605.jpeg

So, what I did for football was that I standardized the golds of the helmet/pants, put the flying horse head logo on shoulders a la the Patriots, and I used the Futura font (found in the official athletic wordmark) for all player names and numbers. I also added a blue facemask and blue stripe to the helmets.

For basketball, I used a stock Nike templete, used the official wordmark for the team name (but outlined), and I used futura again for the numbers to standardize them. C&C is always welcome.

UCDAVISfootball.png

UCDAVISbasketball.png

EDIT: Added small Aggies wordmark on football unis, but keeping socks white, since white socks look better with the bare-legged college uniform look.

VmWIn6B.png

gorgeous!!!! nice work, the football kit is really original........

couple of comments:

1. add the "aggies" wordmark to the front of the football jerseys (a la texas longhorns, colorado etc) but not too big

2. change the socks on both football uniforms, possibly to the blue on both....

the basketball uni's are immaculate!!!!

:D

VERY NICE WORK. Being consistant is not very hard, I am not sure why more colleges aren't. My only suggestion is for the home basketball I would put "AGGIES" on the front instead of "UCDAVIS" otherwise they look great. Nice job.

I'd use only one horse head, either the primary or secondary....I like the secondary better than the primary. I would use the "C" alone on the helmet. Thats just me...nice look.

My mother went to UCD in the late 60's.

Archived