Michigan-Ohio State Sig

Gary

The Michigan-OSU game was voted on ESPN biggest rivalry in all sports. Think about it. It's the biggest college football rivalry, period. If you like college football, you watch it. You like it. You go out of your way to make sure you see it. I'm a diehard, so I watch everything, but the big rivalries mean something.

I am a college football nut. I don't watch the Michigan/ OSU game.

I could care less about the Big 11 confrence to tell the truth.

I lost all respect for the confrence when Michigan got "slapped on the wrist" for their NCAA infractions during the Fab Four era. Alabama nearly got the death penalty for the same crap. But, I don't wanna go there...

The reason we got "slapped on the wrist" (if 10 years of sucking is slapped on the wrist) is because Martin wasn't connected to the UM program. He gave money to recruits who went to other schools (Mateen Cleaves MSU, Voshon Lenard MN to name a couple), but was a UM fan. He basically used the Detroit athletes to launder money from an illegal gambling operation he ran at Ford, and got in good with some soon-to-be-famous kids in the meantime. Michigan got hit because of Traylor and Louis Bullock more than Webber. We would've been OK, but Traylor and Bullock were on the 1998 team taking cash from Martin when the whole thing came out. Tough to separate yourself in that instance. The dollar amounts were staggering, which is why people think we got off lightly, but Martin was a pretty smooth character. As much as I despise Webber for taking the cash, it's the other 2 that killed us, and they don't get as much of the blame as Webber. Dumb, dumb thing those kids did. Couple that with the loose way Fisher ran the program, and the NCAA isn't gonna like it one bit.

spikes.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I correct everyone in the world who says this? What you actually mean to say is that you could not care less, meaning that you don't care at all. What many people say instead as is the case here is that they could care less, which implies that you actually do care somewhat, which contradicts the stand you are trying to make. Just something to think about.

Cool story about Woody Hayes and the OSU/Michigan rivalry. One night on a recruiting trip in the state of Michigan, an assistant noticed that the car he was driving was going to run out of gas. He let Woody, who was dozing in the passenger seat, know that he had to pull over for gas. Woody refused, and the assistant drove on. The assistant, who saw the weather was starting to get bad, began to become worried about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, and once again stressed his desire to pull over and get gas. Woody erupted: "No, dammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. It's because I don't buy one GD drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this GD car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!" The assistant knew he wasn't kidding, and they barely made it across the border and sputtered into the first gas station they found in Ohio.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Can I correct everyone in the world who says this? What you actually mean to say is that you could not care less, meaning that you don't care at all. What many people say instead as is the case here is that they could care less, which implies that you actually do care somewhat, which contradicts the stand you are trying to make. Just something to think about.

Cool story about Woody Hayes and the OSU/Michigan rivalry. One night on a recruiting trip in the state of Michigan, an assistant noticed that the car he was driving was going to run out of gas. He let Woody, who was dozing in the passenger seat, that he had to pull over for gas. Woody refused, and the assistant drove on. The assistant, who saw the weather was starting to get bad, began to become worried about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, and once again stressed his desire to pull over and get gas. Woody erupted: "No, dammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. It's because I don't buy one GD drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this GD car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!" The assistant knew he wasn't kidding, and they barely made it across the border and sputtered into the first gas station they found in Ohio.

Bo used to go on and on about Woody. He used to tell how Woody would never wear sleeves, even when it was cold outside. He said if the players see that you don't think it's cold, they won't think it's cold. When we played OSU my frosh year, I came out to practice that entire week in just a blue M t-shirt. By Thursday, after practice I was walking up to the meeting room, and Coach Carr stopped me and said "Dave, why on earth are you wearing a t-shirt?" I responded with "I heard in Columbus, they wear grey t-shirts to practice. So I word a blue one." He just looked at me, shook his head, and responded "Son, you need to stop talking to Bo so much." :D:D:D

spikes.jpg

Cool story about Woody Hayes and the OSU/Michigan rivalry. One night on a recruiting trip in the state of Michigan, an assistant noticed that the car he was driving was going to run out of gas. He let Woody, who was dozing in the passenger seat, that he had to pull over for gas. Woody refused, and the assistant drove on. The assistant, who saw the weather was starting to get bad, began to become worried about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, and once again stressed his desire to pull over and get gas. Woody erupted: "No, dammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. It's because I don't buy one GD drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this GD car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!" The assistant knew he wasn't kidding, and they barely made it across the border and sputtered into the first gas station they found in Ohio.

Bo used to go on and on about Woody. He used to tell how Woody would never wear sleeves, even when it was cold outside. He said if the players see that you don't think it's cold, they won't think it's cold. When we played OSU my frosh year, I came out to practice that entire week in just a blue M t-shirt. By Thursday, after practice I was walking up to the meeting room, and Coach Carr stopped me and said "Dave, why on earth are you wearing a t-shirt?" I responded with "I heard in Columbus, they wear grey t-shirts to practice. So I word a blue one." He just looked at me, shook his head, and responded "Son, you need to stop talking to Bo so much." :D:D:D

one of my favorite pictures, my dad actually has this framed in our basement.

hayes1.jpg

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived