New NHL CBA with a Cherry on top

OMMF

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...4a.html?ref=rss

Don Cherry will be back in his familiar spot in the first intermission when Hockey Night in Canada  returns in October.

The flamboyant Coach's Corner commentator, known for his unique clothing choices and his love for everything Canadian, signed a one-year deal with CBC on Thursday.

I saw Don Cherry when he was the coach of the Colorado Rockies in the Fall of 1979 when I went to school in Denver. The Rockies lost 5-3 to the Sabers. I even have the puck that landed near us.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Damn. There went those rumors of him coming to NBC.

I just let out an audible groan. I can't imagine that at all. He'd only get about 10 seconds to talk as they would show more commercials and some inspirational story set to classical music. It's not about analysis on American television, it's about flash and making even more money.

Time for the Cherry man to do some rambling on HNIC!!! WOOO!! Don Cherry always is an interesting man... :notworthy: to him, man!! AND I do like Ron Maclean as well, a good man as well!!

quote =KCScout76 " I saw Don Cherry when he was the coach of the Colorado Rockies in the Fall of 1979 when I went to school in Denver. The Rockies lost 5-3 to the Sabers. I even have the puck that landed near us."

Ya have that puck?? Cool... I wonder how Don did in Denver with the Rockies, trying hard to get the Rockies to win a game or so...

Uggggghhhhh more reason for me to not watch Hockey Night In Canada. First all they show is the leafs and second the idiot know as Don Cherry is on there. I'll stick to Soirée D'Hockey for now, at least that way I get to see the Habs.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived