Toccer becomes Tennis Polo

omnivore

Video (15MB)

I'm just back from Connecticut where we had a meeting of toccer players from all over the world. We approved a name change from toccer to tennis polo.

Anyway...all the talk we did about it for a bit there and there wasn't particularly great footage for you all. So now there is and I wanted to share it.

The collegiate championships are slated for Orlando in March 2006, though the destination isn't 100% solidified yet.

Another video

(This one is shorter..but the dribbling was pretty nice by the kids)

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

does that mean you are changing the logo?

Umm..the irony that TPA actually works for Toccer Players Association and Tennis Polo Association actually means we can keep it longer.

That said, yeah that's in the cards. Email me dawg with your address, btw now that I'm back.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I just made this one.

It's awesome..or at least, I think it is.

Link

Looks cool - might be a game I'd like to teach in my P.E. classes. We don't have soccer nets but we do have 6'x8' goals.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Looks cool - might be a game I'd like to teach in my P.E. classes. We don't have soccer nets but we do have 6'x8' goals.

We actually changed the rules some, too. The best thing now is that, you can play the game indoors without much change (though admittely, you'll want to play 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 indoors..) but the game remains essentially the same with the new mandated goal sizes.

Tennis Polo Rules

The most notable changes are not evident in that video, as it was made before the new changes were approved.

Goal size was mandated (previously, we didn't mandate the size of the goals). We now use a goal that's 5.25 ft. wide x 3.75 ft. high - but only in tournament play - meaning that at lower levels, goal size is determined by whoever the home team is. So long as they're using the same goal, it doesn't matter.

Goalkeepers have been eliminated, teams are now 7 on 7.

There are seven field player positions, but there is no ?positional? play as players may play several positions throughout the game as situations demand.

There are standard offensive and defensive positions that act as a guideline for players, the most basic positional setup is known as 3-4. Defense can be played person to person or zone. There are no goalkeepers in tennis polo.

We're looking to get another one made soon, with the changes.

Archived