Does anybody have the logos from "the natural"

coltsfan16

Great Movie!  The Knights Jackets' price range is $220 - $300 in most on line magazines. :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

any idea what that patch on the left sleeve is? it looks like a league patch or something.

It looks like a lightning bolt to me (if you're talking about the patch on the left sleeve of the jacket). It probably coincides with the lightning that took down the tree that Robert Redford's magical bat was made out of...

any idea what that patch on the left sleeve is? it looks like a league patch or something.

It looks like a lightning bolt to me (if you're talking about the patch on the left sleeve of the jacket). It probably coincides with the lightning that took down the tree that Robert Redford's magical bat was made out of...

Yup, one is a lightning bolt (Wonderboy) and the other is a National League patch. Either that or it's a patch that looks an awful lot like a National League patch.

Abbey.jpg

The lightning bolt patch is explained in the movie. One of the players had an old military patch that resembled the lightning bolt Roy Hobbs put on his bat "Wonderboy". The player had a great night wearing the lightning bolt patch, so then everyone on the team got one.

I think the patch you are asking about is the one on the left sleeve of the uniform. This is a 1939 Baseball Centennial patch.

national-pastime_1727_0.jpg

According to the "Baseball Almanac" website:

The first patch to be worn on all 16 major league uniform sleeves in a given year appeared in 1939 to observe the centennial year of the game?s invention (an accepted consensus opinion ? the argument continues as to whether baseball was really ?invented? or evolved). Indeed, this patch was worn by all of professional baseball, including the minor leagues and it coincided with the grand opening of baseball?s Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.

(http://www.baseball-almanac.com/articles/uniforms.shtml)

The patch is also explained on the ESPN site about the movie ("Reel Live vs. Real Life") ...

In Reel Life: Team members wear 1839-1939 Baseball Centennial patch on their left sleeve.

In Real Life: All major league teams wore the patch during the 1939 season. The year before, the Giants, Dodgers and Yankees wore patches promoting the upcoming 1939 New York World's Fair.

(http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020918.html)

Hope this helps.

P.S.: There is an amateur baseball team on Long Island that goes by the name New York Knights, and the entire team wears replica Knights uniforms. There are some good pics on their website

www.newyorkknights.org.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived