Unusual Football Card Sets

Bleujayone

I was just cleaning out the attic when I came across several complete card sets neatly organized in plastic pages of card covers. I'm conteplating selling them in a yard sale simply because they do not mean as much to me as they once did. include.

CFL 1990- I'm not sure if this is complete. I thought Doug Flutie made his debut with the Lions, but I cannot find one, either that or a card was never made for him. Mak Gastineau also had a brief stint with the team that year- VERY brief.

CFL 1991- Flutie had a nice card and Rocket Ismail made his CFL debut.

CFL 1992- First year Doug Flutie was on the Stampeders. Brother Darren made debut with the Lions. Ottawa unveiles their Double flaming "RR" logo.

WLAF 1991- debut of this league, when they still had the majority of teams in North America.

and

XFL - actually got the set as a discount, I kinda figured it would be a novelty at the very least. Oddly enough I remember many of these players having NFL career BEFORE this league but not afterwards (with the exception of Tommy Maddox and Rod "He Hate Me" Smart)

Mostly I think I have a sentimental collection of cards at best. I figure perhaps some of our CFL fans out there might think better of them. WHat do you think?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I have some CFL ones from those seasons--sounds like those are more complete--

Now compare the unis to the current ones...

Sounds like a cool find...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived