Florida NOT getting new uniforms in '05

BRice16

I was informed today from someone in the AD at Florida that they discussed this at the staff meeting this morning and they will NOT be switching this season. Nike was unable to get enough uniforms made by the opener, so the decision was made to go with the same ole this year.

The new uniforms might debut in the bowl game, otherwise they will debut in '06.

One change they are making is that they will no longer wear blue pants. Their main set will be white jersey/orange pants on the road and blue jersey/white pants at home.

I didn't ask, but I was led to believe on a previous occasion that they were not doing throwbacks because fans voted the Spurrier playing-days uniforms as their favorite and the current administration isn't crazy about anything connecting them to him.

I think I've probably used my alotment of uniform questions for him, but I can check.

They were supposed to get stripes that ran underneath the arms, sort of an extention of the pants stripes along with a couple of other changes, but Nike wa unable to complete the order on short notice.

What else did they look like?

As I said, basically a continuation of the pants stripes under the arms of the jerseys. New spandex "bra-style" front, but without piping. You should see them in the bowl game.

It would be nice if you were a part of the community before you start demanding asnwers.

As I said, basically a continuation of the pants stripes under the arms of the jerseys. New spandex "bra-style" front, but without piping. You should see them in the bowl game.

It would be nice if you were a part of the community before you start demanding asnwers.

Can't wait to see them!

Archived