need ideas for London Olympics

shadesofblack

this isnt really a request...im just wondering: what do ppl think when they think of london. im trying to come up with ideas so i can start drawing a concept for the 2012 olympic in london. just something for me to have fun with but im drawing blanks or over used. of course "big ben" comes to mind but if im not correct, i believe it was used already as a logo. i asked my parents and brother and they were all in agreement that "royalty" or "the crown" sticks out. i dont know how to incorperate that into a simple yet representative design. i also have thought of the Thames river but not quite sure how to use it. if anyone has any ideas or suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

CURRENT IDEAS:

crown

lion

thames river

big ben

westminster abby

london bridge

union jack

parliament

..plz help

Big Ben, Union Jack, the queen, the Thames and then this one bad movie I saw a few years ago. It was called Gorgo.

Gorgo had a great moment in it though when they realize...(Okay I won't give it away--but it is a great moment...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree with what everyone else has said, but let me add The Tower of London, Double Decker Buses, those awesome looking red phone booths, the ever stoic Buckingham Palace Guards, Bobbies' hats (my personal favorite), and for some strange reason, Tea Time.

Oh, horrible food and beautiful women with bad teeth too...just kidding... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

thanks everyone for suggestions....now how am i supposed to get any of the ideas into a logo...thats the problem...if anyone has any ideas or concepts to share that i could use as examples that would be great...thanks

Hmmm, good point, you could put a double decker bus going across the london bridge with a union jack flying from either the bus or the bridge...in all seriousness if you check the Microsoft Office Clip Art and Media Home Page you should find some decent ideas. It's worked for me in the past.

Cheers!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived