Rollag Steamers

Epiphanic

I like the jerseys...simple yet good-looking. I really like the hat logo too (did you design that yourself?). The only problem I see is the jersey font, I'm really having a difficult time reading it. Other than that, good concept.

AM.gif

Thanks. The logo isn't entirely original. It's inspired by Steam Whistle Beer. But I did draw it myself so, I guess you could say that I designed it. Is the font it self what makes it difficult to read? Color combonations/outlines? Any suggestions to make it better?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

This logo looks extremely phallic. At first, it's hard to make out that it's a steam whistle. I found the logo you're using for reference?

SteamWhistle.jpg

What a lot of similar whistles have is an inverted cone for the top that is larger than the base of the whistle. Sort of like a roof that overhangs the side of a house.

The whistles also have a lever mechanism, which when pulled down, creates an opening for the steam to escape and make its whistling sound. Here's another example, with the cone-hat and lever:

PF_934855.jpg

Add a little bit of shading (not a gradient) to the body of the whistle itself, to creat a little depth and make it more recognizable as a steam whistle.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived