Uab blazers new helmet design

Curtthflirt

basically it's supposed to be just like their regular helmet but white instead of gold.  UAB wants to go to a two-helmet arrangement like Washington State, Mississippi State and Kentucky.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

another note i heard at the Helmet Project's forum, the blazers are changing the helmet logo from the shield w/dragon to just the dragon head (this will be for both helmets.)  apparently all white is regaining popularity in the college ranks.

2016cubscreamsig.png

apparently all white is regaining popularity in the college ranks.

Well, I guess it makes it easier to run out to Galyan's or Sports Authority to pick up a spare in case they run short.  :D

And while we're on the subject of white in college football headgear, I noted from THP that Iowa State is going to a white facemask for their helmets this year.  That's too bad as I thought the blue ones looked sharp with the red helmet.  The Bills did the same thing in '86 and I thought it was not a change for the better and then the LA Avengers ditched their blue on red for red on red this year.  What's so bad about blue on red?

There's nothing wrong with blue masks on red helmets. It's probably that the white mask is more of a contrast for the red helmet.  It also could be that they are trying to de-emphasize the blue.  When Indiana decided to eliminate black (and changed their helmets back to "Crimson"), they went with white masks.

i don't know about that, i was too young to see the bills' red on blue helmet in action so i'll comment on ISU, the Avengers, the Orlando Predators and UNT...all of em have changed their facemasks' colors for the worse:

Avengers-from blue to red

Iowa State-navy to white

Preds-red to black

UNT-white to black(or the same thing my HS did my senior year, we went from white facemasks to black ones...black is not part of either school's normal color scheme)

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 3 weeks later...
well, now we wait and see which rumor is a hoax: the white helmet rumor or the green helmet rumor.  if neither's a hoax, then we'd have football's first recorded three-helmet combo :o

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived