really really insignificant observation...

ColeJ

is it just me, or are the numbers on the back and sleeves of the dallas stars jerseys a lot bolder, and with thicker outlines?

is it something the stars did to make the numbers easier to read? is it just the way reebok makes numbers, as opposed to ccm? is there no difference whatsoever, and i'm just a dork? has it just been so long since i've seen the stars actually on the ice, that my memory is playing tricks on me? :)

photo from tonight's game:

capt.edm10409190352.stars_oilers_edm104.jpg

compare the #3 to a photo of a regular CCM turco jersey:

a7b4e43e63ce63d29b8090f89b48b963-img.gif

don't ask me why i noticed... i just thought, looking at the pics recently, that the numbers didn't look quite right to me.

i like them better this way. they look bolder.....

but am i crazy? or does it look like the 3's got fatter and bolder during the lockout.... (much like keith tkachuk)

You're right Cole. The "arrow" or "dent in the middle of the 3 on Jokinen's jersey is in more. The outlines are significantly more thicker, and FINALLY there isn't that wide space between the numbers on arms. That just iritated the heck out of me from 2001-02 - 2003-04.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Is that Jokinen guy on Dallas related to Jokinen on Florida? By the way the Panthers won 5-4 in a shootout. New rules in effect right off the bat!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

IIRC, all preseason games end in a shootout.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Is that Jokinen guy on Dallas related to Jokinen on Florida? By the way the Panthers won 5-4 in a shootout. New rules in effect right off the bat!

to be honest, i've never heard anyone say that jussi jokinen is related to olli... but that doesn't mean they aren't related. could just be the same name

however, i do know that mathias tjarnqvist is related to daniel, on minnesota.

There are subtle differences in the indentation in the middle of the 3. But the gold trim looks brighter everywhere - numbering, lettering, outline on the star. The gold outline also looks thicker around the numbers.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived