Hudson valley renegades changes for 2004

mr71

I got this emailed to me today.

RENEGADES INTRODUCE NEW COLORS, CAP LOGO AND UNIFORMS FOR 2004 SEASON

FISHKILL, NY ? Beginning in 2004, the Renegades will have a new look.  The team has announced a change in team colors, cap logo and uniforms beginning with the 2004 season.  The team colors of hunter green and burgundy will be replaced with navy blue and red.  There will also be a new cap logo to go along with the new color scheme.  The Renegades primary logo will remain the same, and will feature the new team colors.  

?We are excited to introduce this new look to our fans,? said Renegades President / General Manager Steve Gliner.  ?We feel both the new cap, new colors, and new uniforms will be a big hit with everyone.?

The Renegades will wear the same cap both home and away beginning next season.  It will be a navy blue cap with the new ?HV? logo that is primarily red with a navy blue and white outline.  The ?V? will have a raccoon tail attached to the bottom of it.

The new home uniforms will consist of a white sleeveless jersey with the same ?Renegades? script logo across the chest that has been on the home uniform for the first ten seasons, however, the logo will feature the new team colors (red in the center with a white and navy blue outline).  The jersey will be solid white (no pinstripes), and will feature navy blue and red piping outlining the seams. The uniform number will be navy blue, with a red outline both on the front and back of the jersey.  The home uniform pants will be white with navy blue and red piping down each pant leg.

The new road uniform will also feature a sleeveless jersey, and it will be gray with navy blue and red piping outlining the seams.  Across the chest will be the words ?Hudson Valley,? with the word ?Hudson? in red, with a white and navy blue outline, and the word ?Valley? will be featured in the familiar lightning bolt beneath the word ?Hudson.?  The word ?Valley? will be white and the lightning bolt will be red with a white and navy blue outline.  The uniform number will be navy blue, with a red outline both on the front and back of the jersey.  The pants will be gray with navy blue and red piping.

A navy blue short sleeved shirt will be worn underneath both the home and road jerseys.

For more information, as well as requests for electronic files or hard copies of the new logo and uniforms, please contact Tom Butkier in the Renegades media relations department at (845) 838-0094, ext. 249.

I liked the Hunter and Burgundy.  It was different from everybody else.

That HV logo would be really cool if the tail wasn't just stuck on there, but was blended more.  Maybe make the V silver?

At least they kept the racoon.  I love that little dude.  Perfect for a minor league team.  Not too silly looking, like the Montgomery Biscuits, but just a nice, not too serious, approach to minor league ball.

I can't tell whether or not the piping will be blue-red-blue, like the Braves, or just a red and a blue stripe.  Braves style piping would look great.  I'd just leave off the yoke piping for a sleeveless and just have the piping on the sleeve part.

See...this makes me crazy. Why do 90% of all baseball franchises have to be Navy Blue and Red? I'm exaggerating of course, but it sure seems that way.

I liked the Forest Green and Burgundy (plus Black, Silver and Tan) as well.

Archived