Indianapolis Racers 2006

Mings

Mings, nice work! Like the alternate logo a lot. I agree that the flagpole/letter "I" is a little too thick, but I do understand that it's because of the font "I", but I could see some not getting that. It doesn't bother me so much to make a change, it is just something I noticed. Loved the uni's. Nice work.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was offering some constructive criticism. Look at my site and check the 8 on the Dale Earnhardt Jr Flash clip, it back slants, not itlaizes. Josh, imagine getting golf tips from Tiger Woods... relax... I'm offering assistance not negativity.

The only problem with using the same style as Junebug's is that Theresa may get her panties in a bunch.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Thanks dudes. And damnit if as soon as you said that, that I didn't think the flagpole was a little thick as well.

As far as the Indiana thing not being distinct and whatnot, I agree, but I don't know what I could do to make it better. I still like it. And Joe, I made that just for you and you haven't commented about it? What gives, lol.

As far as the marking Indy thing, thats a good idea, but I dont know how I would properly execute it. I may give it a try.

As far as the numbers, I just made the outlines too thick on the number set. They would have the gap in it on the jerseys.

As far as the unis, I'm glad you guys like em, as I took a bit of time on them to make them modern, but not too modern. The pants are all interchangeable as well. Besides I like all white lol.

The other side of the helmet would be a mirrored version of the logo with the I in front and slanting left. Kinda like how the Ravens do their helmets.

As far as the wordmark, I agree that it still needs to show a lil motion in it, but if I slant it 20 degrees (the slant of the flagpole), I don't know, just doesnt seem as good to me as it is now. I may go ahead and post that version, and maybe add a flag effect or something to it as well.

And yes, back slanting could possibly work, however it would not flow with the main logo and how it is slanted.

Thanks for the C&C so far guys, keep it up.

Alright I have an update. Its a minor one, but it makes some difference. I thinned up the flag pole and yeah, looks a lot better this way. Its more Danica Patrick than Robby Gordon. I also thickened up the highlights on the treatment of the wordmark, to show a little more speed (its kinda like the Bobcats and the treatment of the numbers on their jerseys. I also included one with the wordmark slanted with the logo. No flag treatment though, didn't look good at all.

I also included the other side of the helmet to show what it would look like. I tried it with the Indiana logo as well, but that didn't work.

Version A (With Slant):

version_1a.png

Version B (Without Slant):

version_1b.png

So what do ya guys think now?

If I were the owner of the Indy franchise I'd be thinking I'll take version "A" and be feeling pretty decent about my clubs identity.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Archived