MNF - Cowboys @ Eagles

Andy

My $0.02

Rush made a valid point about McNabb not delivering on the hype that he'd generated...just phrased it in a very very very bad way.

Naturally, everyone freaked and ESPN swiftly canned him for it.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have looked over Rush Limbaugh's comments a few times and have not found them racist. He was being blunt, the media does want to see black quarterbacks and coaches succeed. That's it. It's not his belief, it's the truth. What he said was harsh and hard to handle, thats why he was donned the 'racist' tag. He didn't put down or harm the black race in any way by what he said, he simply said McNabb is over rated because his team is great because of their strong defense, and he gets a lot of the credit for the success that should go to the defense.

The same exact things could be said about Tom Brady. The Patriots are a great football team, and Brady is idolized in everything he does. The media idolizes him cause he's the poster child of a good player with no problems off the field. The NE defense is dominant, and that's why they have been so good. Tom Brady gets more credit for New England than the whole team put together does, exactly the same thing that happens to Donovan.

I do not believe Rush Limbaugh is racist, and I myself am not racist. I believe what Rush said was true and he should not be deemed racist. While his firing was fair, as it was merely for PR because people seem to take his comments out of context.

The part about the "Black quarterback" and "Black head coach" is the fluffing racist part. Your stupid ass example about Tom Brady fails to include the smoking gun of Limbaugh's argument...there is no reference to his fluffing RACE!! Look, I don't think McNabb is all that either, but I don't have to mention his fluffing RACE when I say anything negative about him. It just doesn't belong in the conversation. When a Black athlete even hints at racism, people bash him for "playing the race card." When someone says something racist, people try to minimize it...like what you're doing with Rush's racist comment. Just because you agree with what Rush said doesn't make his comments less racist. Did Rush said the Eagles won because of their defense? Yep, he sure did. However did he also say that the media desire to see a Black quarterback succeed? Yep. That's a racist statement, sorry.

For example, for me to say, "It's pointless to talk race with White people..." is a racist statement. I may feel it, it might even be true (doubt it), but it's still a racist statement.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived