RPI Logo/Lettermark (Is that the right word?)

leopard88

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ignore how crude this is. It was done in MS Paint and I am something below amateur in using even that.

Anyway, I have played around doodling this for a long time and finally decided to try to make a passable (?) version of it to share for comment. I only chose RPI because the initials make the concept possible, not because I have any connection to the school. I used to draw it with serifs, but discovered that the current RPI hockey logo (also attached) uses the initials without serifs. I envision it as a cap logo or some sort of secondary for use from time to time, probably never anything more than that.

My version:

th_rpilogo.jpg

Current hockey logo:

RPI13Front.jpg

As you can see, it is along the same lines as the old Expos EB/ELB logo, but hopefully more apparent.

C&C welcome. As asked, please ignore the skill level/execution, but feel free to take your best shots on the idea.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

P.S. I will proudly accept a Creamie (or whatever the award shall be called) for Worst Concept of 2005 if that is my fate. B)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

It's not a bad idea, actually.

The only thing is that "R", "P", and "I", are nearly indistinguishable from each other. The P is nearly unintelligable there because the "I" covers it up. At least with the Expos logo, you could clearly make out an "M", an "E", and a "B" (okay, well, not that clearly, but you could distinguish them).

What I might suggest is actually typing out the "R" (and if you did in this one, I apologize :P ), and instead of the "I" taking up the whole left side of the "R/P", split it in half so that you can tell that the P is a P.

And just so you know, I've done worse, it's okay. :D

philly.png

What I might suggest is actually typing out the "R" (and if you did in this one, I apologize  :P ), and instead of the "I" taking up the whole left side of the "R/P", split it in half so that you can tell that the P is a P.

And just so you know, I've done worse, it's okay.  :D

Thanks for the feedback. To make sure I am following you correctly, are you suggesting that the left side be split so that the "I" remains, but only takes up 1/2 of the space (for example, what is now red would be 1/2 red, 1/2 black, divided vertically)?

As for doing worse, so have I. My first Paint effort was a recreation of a Montreal Rockets logo that I first drew when I was about 13 (i.e., 25 years ago) after someone else posted a concept for a team using that name (the fleur-de-lis with a phallus in the middle, as you may recall). Unless I clean that up some more, I don't think it will ever see the light of day. :D

Current hockey logo:

RPI13Front.jpg

Those are one-time only jerseys. The current jerseys are throwbacks to the 1985 NCAA Championship team, with a MLB-Tuscan-like font.

Current:

mhckyteam.jpg

Adam Oates in 85:

rpi_a_oates_1.jpg

Anyway, yours is an interesting idea, but I don't think enough people would understand it to make it practical.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Archived