UHL

Wild Winger

Tonight's big games:

Elmira @ Danbury

Richmond @ Adirondack

Muskegon @ Fort Wayne

I think Elmira won't come out of tonight's game with a win. They will more than likely lose to the Trashers 4-1. Richmond, even though they are my boys, unfortunately they have not been consistent, The bite will be taken from the 'Dogs 5-2. Muskegon I think will beat Fort Wayne tonight 3-2, shootout decides.

What's your thoughts on these games and/or others?

"Back in Black", Flags vs. Vipers

On Saturday night, Roanoke will make its only visit to Port Huron this year. The Flags have nicknamed this game "Back in Black Night", as the Flags will wear their black unis and are encouraging the fans to wear black to the game. The reason for calling the game "Back in Black Night" is due to the Dixons, owners of the Vipers, who bailed on Port Huron after last year, claiming that Port Huron was dead and couldn't support pro hockey.

GO FLAGS! :flagcanada::flagusa:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

On Saturday night, Roanoke will make its only visit to Port Huron this year. The Flags have nicknamed this game "Back in Black Night", as the Flags will wear their black unis and are encouraging the fans to wear black to the game. The reason for calling the game "Back in Black Night" is due to the Dixons, owners of the Vipers, who bailed on Port Huron after last year, claiming that Port Huron was dead and couldn't support pro hockey.

GO FLAGS! :flagcanada::flagusa:

I think it should be hockey is dead in Roanoke. A co-worker went to last weekends home games for the Vipers, Friday night was an exaggerated 1500, Saturday night 1800 and Sunday they announced 800 but she said that was a stretch. The wonderful Dixon family reduced the top 10 rows of seats in each section of the concourse to 8 bucks and people still aren't going. Team hasn't even been playing but a month and the Dixon's have done more than their share to piss Roanokers off.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

GO FLAGS!  :flagcanada::flagusa:

I think it should be hockey is dead in Roanoke. A co-worker went to last weekends home games for the Vipers, Friday night was an exaggerated 1500, Saturday night 1800 and Sunday they announced 800 but she said that was a stretch. The wonderful Dixon family reduced the top 10 rows of seats in each section of the concourse to 8 bucks and people still aren't going. Team hasn't even been playing but a month and the Dixon's have done more than their share to piss Roanokers off.

Yeah, I've heard rumors that Roanoke's attendence figures are inflated. Can't say that I didn't see this coming though. Seeing how the Dixons nearly destroyed hockey in Port Huron, I would have been shocked if they didn't do the same thing in the Roanoke Valley.

I bet if this gets any worse, the UHL will have to step in before the team goes under.

Speaking of the Dixons, have they been no-shows at most of the games this year? I know they rarely made it up to Port Huron for games, even though they only lived a couple hours away in Ohio. Last year, only in Port Huron was it considered news that the owners of the local hockey team made it to a game. <_<

Bloodhound.gif

I don't even want to discuss Friday's game vs. Elmira :lol: My oh my was that a PATHETIC performance by Danbury...if it weren't for Jayme Platt, they would have lost by much more. They were lucky to get it to a shootout, IMO (dunno how Goupil got that game tying goal..didn't look like one to me at all, but I'll defer to the wisdom of the goal judge :lol: )

However, rebounding Saturday against Adirondack was MORE than worth it..a sold out and rocking DIA never hurts. That and watching Jamie Thompson get off the schnide in a big way was kinda nice...nothing like getting sprung right out of the box and find yourself on a breakaway :D

As for PH beating Roanoke..good job, Flags..with the GarterSnakes loss and the Trashers win, Danbury's back in 2nd in the East.

Also, did my eyes play tricks on me or did Richmond get a crowd over 7K on saturday night? That's EXCEPTIONALLY good news for the Dogs if that's the case!

However, the big excitement looked to be out west with Fort Wayne and Rockford...jeez @ all the penalties this weekend between them.

Should be fun Wednesday when the Dogs come a callin to the DIA...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Stampman, this jersey wasn't a "one-night special", but it was definitely horrendous. :blink:

Mechanics_Warmups.jpg

This is Motor City's warmup jerseys. Fancy, eh? :puke:

Anyway, the Gens defeated the Mechanics 4-3 before a whopping 2,104. The jersey retirement ceremony for Kevin Kerr was great. Commissioner Costanza, I mean Brosal :lol:, and Dr. Shukairy were booed loudly when announced, and Kerr got about a 3 minute standing ovation. Brosal gave him a great-looking painting of Kerr wearing all the unis of the UHL teams he played for, and Shukairy gave him a framed Generals #20 jersey (I'm surprised that he didn't include the bill). Then the #20 banner was unfurled and the fans gave Kerr another standing O.

Very nice, I enjoyed it and Kerr definitely deserved it.

GO BLUE! B)

Bloodhound.gif

Archived