any reason to keep used caps?

OCE

hi, i don't know if this is the right place to post a question like this. this is the only board i found with a lot of members discussing collecting licensed team wear.

i'm moving soon, i have a lot of hats that i won't be taking with me... not enough space and bad climate for storing them ! i wonder if it's worth holding onto them at all or whether they should be tossed out before i leave. i don't intend to sell them for profits (the only 2 really collectible ones are 2 whitesox caps which i'm taking with me) but if they're desirable and can be maintained (they've all been worn) i will save them to transfer whenever i can

most are nhl heritage collection hats, some are cfl hats (american teams), there are some odds and ends (houston oilers, canucks in old colors, old cali. angels, ugly indiana hoosiers corduroy hat, and so on)

the sweatbands are discolored (i used to wear them during baseball and football practice) but i never had lice! lol. a bigger problem is that most were stored in an attic and the structured front panels of many of them are puckered... no climate control in the attic. i don't know how well this can be fixed, never had great success in the past at restoring the original shape/contour or even at cleaning them

so what do you folks think? toss them or save them?

give them to goodwill if you don't want them.

good suggestion.

There should be several groups such as goodwill that will take them if they're in half decent shape,

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived