Eric Williams and the Black Basketball League

Brick

Eric Williams of the Toronto Raptors is selling a line of clothing called Black League Basketball, featuring logos of a league that played from 1920-1940. The thing is the league never existed. I can't put my finger on why this makes me uncomfortable. Some articles on the subject:

Nostalgia for a basketball league that never was.

Well-dressed Williams in league of his own.

Black League Basketball. Status: Never Existed.

Lenny 'Three Fingers' Willis - you can make this stuff up.

Remembering Black League Basketball.

LMFAO!!!!! The Chicago Southsiders in 1920 would have been playing in the Polish basketball league not the Black basketball league. Those logos look awfully modern to me,lol, did most basketball teams even have logos then? the cleveland rosenblums emblem was that of rosenblums department store!

Is there any better pictures of the logo other than on Eric Williams' jacket? Even though the "Black League Basketball" is fictional, I am still interested in the logos.

same here...i can't find :censored:!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Pretty weird...

Eric Williams is cool though, he'd better watch out that he doesn't go out like Craig Hodges though...

funny back in the day I didn't like Craig Hodges cause I disliked the bulls and I think he broke bird's stretch of 3 point contest titles...but now that I've heard stories about his politics I admire him greatly

Archived