College Football MatchUp

black_gold_capone

Like everything I bring up, it's probaly been done before but just thoughts on the college football matchup you most want to see. Seeing as most don't ever play each other.

my choice would be Pitt vs Colorado, they may have played before but I've never seen it

*********completly my fault can we move this to sports general*******

sorry bout this

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

Here's what I would like to see:

Florida vs. Texas A & M - Both have been said to have the best home field advantage in all of college football by various sports writers. I'd like to see a home/home series to see how both teams perform in each other's stadiums and determine who really has the best home field.

LSU vs. Clemson - Both share the mascot of Tiger, both use "Tiger Rag" as a fight song and both have nicknamed their respective arenas "Death Valley." Let them play each other in a home/home series so we can determine who can really lay claim to those titles.

South Carolina vs. Southern California - Like the above example, both schools like to use the nickname USC. These teams can also play each other for the naming rights.

Miami vs. Oklahoma - In the early 2000s, I kept predicting these two would meet in the BCS title game every year. They never ended up meeting. They had a few classic games back in the 80s, but what would happen if they were to meet today?

Georgia vs. Alabama - Even before the SEC split into divisions, these two teams rarely played one another. It's that rarity that makes me want to see the Bulldogs and the Crimson Tide hook up.

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - Say what you want, but this series is still special. I wish they could play every year like they used to.

Any SEC team vs. any Pac-10 team - These two leagues have their own trademarks. The SEC has traditionally been a tough, physical, defensive league while the Pac-10 has traditionally been known for advancing the football and putting up tons of points. Fans of each conference like to brag to the others about how great their conference is. Which philosophy is best?

Florida vs. Miami - I'd like to see this matchup every year so it could complete the "triangle of hatred" in the state of Florida. Florida, Florida State and Miami can't stand one another. Three way rivalries are rare in sports and I'd like to see this one come into fruition every year.

Georgia Tech vs. Florida State - The ACC has made sure that Florida State has not appeared on the Yellow Jackets schedule for the last few years and, for that matter, the next few years. There have been a lot of good games in this series and the fact that Florida State has yet to lose to Georgia Tech in ACC play only adds intrigue to this matchup.

There are more, but I'll refrain from listing them now. Each of these games would bring much anticipation to college football. Some of these games will indeed be happening in the near future, but let's hope they all take place one day not too long from now.

Archived