Aussie Cricket shirts for 05/06 seasons

Alphabet Man

Utterly hideous, the lot of them, and it is mainly Adidas' stripes that are to blame.

Not only is the basic design a bit fugly, but the Adidas stripes make it worse in most cases...and the stripes don't even match up with the pants properly! (the stripes down the side of the tops either swing around the back or towards the front as they reach the lower hem)

The national tops are particularly awful. The gold is a nasty pale yellow (compare it to the state golds, it is nowhere near as nice), the striping is inconsistent, and away GREEN? Hello? South Africa is green. We are gold. It's a very simple little universal convention which has served both green-and-gold countries well in many sports for many years. They could have at the very least given them matching green pants...

Utterly hideous, the lot of them, and it is mainly Adidas' stripes that are to blame.

Not only is the basic design a bit fugly, but the Adidas stripes make it worse in most cases...and the stripes don't even match up with the pants properly! (the stripes down the side of the tops either swing around the back or towards the front as they reach the lower hem)

The national tops are particularly awful. The gold is a nasty pale yellow (compare it to the state golds, it is nowhere near as nice), the striping is inconsistent, and away GREEN? Hello? South Africa is green. We are gold. It's a very simple little universal convention which has served both green-and-gold countries well in many sports for many years. They could have at the very least given them matching green pants...

i agree, why a Away shirt? we have worn gold since ODI circket started in the 70's, it isn't a problem so why make a green away? i liked the old Fila ones, apart from the pants not matching up with the shirt......yes it should be gold but its adidas, they always wreck things, look at te Adelaide jumpers for next year, they mde the Socceroos wear Navy and Green ffs....out of the state ones, i like the Vics because we don't have three colours whihc makes ours look a little different.....and the three stripes on the sleeve can't be seen on the green ones.....the green shirt and yellow pants reminds me of Kenya when they had orange pants and green shirt or green pants and orange shirt, one of them

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived