Stagg Bowl XXXIII

Discrim

:censored:...we coulda won this one, but we kept making mistakes and Mount pounced like only Mount Unon can. my Hawks fought hard at the end, but the Empire strikes again.

Mount Union 35

UW Whitewater 28

basically, like all football games seem to come down to, it was who made the most out of the other team's mistakes, and today it was Mount. I'm mad now, cus if you watched the game we could have won if we hadn't kept making the same mistakes over and over again. I cannot and will not use "Mount F-ing Union" as an excuse, we just lost on our own. :evil: and moral victories don't get you hardware, ya know.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sorry, 'Scrim... :( Maybe next year.

I went to a D3 school (Luther College) that can't EVER even make the playoffs! Anyway, great season, nevertheless, even if your boys came up a bit short.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I went to a D3 school (Luther College) that can't EVER even make the playoffs! Anyway, great season, nevertheless, even if your boys came up a bit short.

Yeah, coming from a F/S on a HS football team that went 1-9, at least ya'll got that far. Good season, and maybe next year.

I'm not too sure about next year, mainly cus the WIAC in itself is hard to win consistently, with all the UW schools usually being evenly matched. part of it is a relative parity...it's not often that one team dominates the conference, it usually goes down to the last game. We don't have a Mount Union-like program up here, that can get almost ALL the good players in the state (that the Badgers and D1 in general overlook) at the drop of a hat, so that plays a part in the parity.

heck flame, I can do ya one worse, last time I played organized ball my team went 0-9. one of our linemen was so embarrased he took to wearing a sweatshirt over his jersey in school the last few games <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

I came really close to going there! If it wasn't in the middle of nowhere Iowa I probably would be a Luther alumnus today.

sweet im glad someone else on this board enjoys D3 football because i go to a D3 school right now and i think that it isnt all that bad of football. I think that it was sweet two years ago wehn St. Johns beat Mt. Union in the championship game because they handed us (Bethel University) out only loss of the year at one of the craziest sporting events that i have ever been to. There was 13,500 people at the St. Johns stadium and the stadium can only hold 5,000 and that is when one of the greatest coaches to ever coach any sport got his record breaking win and that was John Gagliardi. It was sweet becasuse it was a really close game. Yes it did suck that we lost but just being there is something that i will never forget as long as live. I gues what i am saying is that D3 football is sweet becasue of the fact that you actually know the people that are on the field and they play more as a team then D1 where its become a lot about the individual.

I know one thing, when I was a freshman at UWW one of the home games was in a freakin downpour...and I'll tell ya one thing, every football fan should watch a game in a rainstorm at least once in his/her life. I was coughing a bit when I got back to my dorm, but it was well worth it B)

shoot, I was at the Warhawk home opener in 02 against Mount Union...we got our asses handed to us, but I'll never forget seeing one of college football's great dynasties in person.

D3 football...no scholarships, no recruiting scandals, no problem B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived