Hornets playing a few in NO

The_Admiral

Because of the horrid turnout in Baton Rouge, some games have been moved back to OKC and others to New Orleans, if it's ready by the end of the year. Do you think there will be another bad gate in New Orleans? The Hornets are top 10 in attendance. Last year they were #30. They're playing better and their new city cares about them. The Board of Governors can determine the team's fate as soon as February. Has Oklahoma City earned its Hornets?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It is sad to say, but Yes, they have earned the Hornets. THis is not a sturdy franchise, concidering it just moved to NO, I don't think that there is a great connection between the Hornets and NO. On top of that , I doubt that NO would have supported the franchise much longer, and it has a reputation for loosing a team (JAZZ). OKC has come to the rescue of the Hornets, and their performance has made them the front runner to catch the team.

Yes, OKC has certainly earned this franchise. This is a metropolitan area that is ready, willing and able to get behind a major league sports team. And I would fully expect attendance to increase beyond present numbers if and when a decision is made by Hornets ownership to move the team and such a move is approved by the league.

Should the team relocate? I don't know, but before you talk about how the city lost the Jazz, do some research. The owner moved them not because of lack of support, but because he wanted to be out west, closer to CA. I think that the team needs to give New Orleans a chance before deciding to move the team permanately.

Like it or not, the team was probably not going to make it in New Orleans before a hurricane flooded the city. It had the poorest attendance in the league. Now, with New Orleans' population decimated, it looks like the team would be lucky to have the same attendance in any return. (Personally I think the Baton Rouge attendance is a sign of what to expect for the New Orleans games).

Given Oklahoma City's support of the team, I think they have earned the Hornets.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived