PITT Concept

maz

Ladies and Gentelmen i present my first concept.

The team: Pitt Panthers

With Microsoft Paint

Time taken to complete: not much

Practice makes perfect, and so does advice.

PittConcept.jpg

Some general things:

1. Match your blues - the wordmark uses a darker blue than your stripes and numbers. Use the eyedropper to sample the "PITT" color, then use that in your design.

2. Numbers are bigger on the back than on the front.

3. Practice with the Curved Line tool. I'm an MSPainter myself, and once I mastered the curve tool, my designs got better. Faster, too.

4. Back numbers and player names go higher up on the jersey.

Specific to this concept:

1. Use more gold - the school colors are navy and gold. The football team has gold everywhere. Your concept has it in the wordmark and under the arms, and white everywhere else.

2. US flag goes up more on the shoulder.

3. Your shorts stripes end abruptly before the shorts do.

4. The "PITT" could be larger, and a little farther from the V-neck collar. It's only 4 letters; it's not like writing "CONNECTICUT".

5. A more legible player name. Bigger, too.

Hey - it's a first effort, right? Work on some of the generalities, and you'll see your work getting better with every try.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks man.

I revised it according to your advice.

More gold, bigger, more legible names and #'s

Fixed the pants striping and attempted the curve tool {i definately need more practice with that}

Moved the patches further up and the "PITT" further down, increased the size to, even though it sort of distorted it a little.

PittConcept1.jpg

oBIgzrL.png

Visibly, markedly better with the revisions. It takes time, but the Curve tool is great once you feel comfortable with it. And the Eyedropper will help match colors. Looking like something I could see Pitt go with. Keep it up!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As a Pitt fan, I like what you've got going here. It's very practical and simple...exactly what I like in a uniform. My only suggestion is to maybe put the panther on the shorts rather than repeating the wordmark. Either that, or put the panther on the front of the shorts. Stripes at the bottom of the shorts might work nicely as well.

FYI: I met Julius Page, Brandin Knight, and Chevy Troutman a few years back. My brother went to Pitt.

Archived