Santa Fe Tribe

Chief.

Really, this is just for fun.

-The logo in the top left is the kokopelli, I'm sure everyone's seen it somewhere, especially if you live in or near New Mexico.

-The arrow on the right represents, according to my reference book, breathing and life.

-The last logo incorporates the arrow, showing the direction of the animal's breath. The animal is a deer, I saw the symbol in my book and drew just the head and stylized it a bit, but I'm not clear on it's meaning.

Anyway, C&C please. Any suggestions or ideas for a wordmark would be appreciated.

SantaFeTribe.png

These look really good! Could you explain to us the significance of the kokopelli though? I went to New Mexico on a mission trip last year, but I don't remember ever seeing or hearing anything about this.

Again, great work. I really like the color scheme that you chose. Have you thought about using these in a jersey concept?

AM.gif

-The logo in the top left is the kokopelli, I'm sure everyone's seen it somewhere, especially if you live in or near New Mexico.

As a matter of fact, I saw one tonight in Jersey. (Me and the Mrs. had dinner at a local Tex-Mex place, and it was all over their menu.)

Good depictions, but I would tone down the white highlighting - the kokopelli and the arrow look like they're made of high-gloss vinyl.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I actually like the white highlighting.

Given I haven't seen, and don't know what, a kokopelli is or was, it's quite well drawn, I guess...

(Is it some sort of spiky haired, New Mexican trumpet player?)

The thing with the deer head is the arrow is going down the mouth of the deer.

Would it look better with the breath coming out of the deer?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The kokopelli is a Native American symbol that has a lot to do with agriculture. It's also the subject of a lot of merchandise sold in New Mexico.

With the deer's breath, it might look better another way, but the logo is done based off the actual symbol. There are others with that same arrow: a bull, a bear, a coyote... But thanks for the suggestion.

Here's an update, I actually do like it better with red shading.

kokopelli.png

And some uniforms (damn photobucket resized it)

TribeUniforms.png

Archived