SPHL Discussion

MarkAtnip

Greetings

After some discussion back and forth with a few of you I have decided to start a thread for the SPHL unis. Some of them are not bad, on the other hand some of the "special night" Jerseys are not quite so nice. The one I am MOST looking for would be the (as of yet) unused Fayetteville BIKINI jersey. Antz fans, EVERYONE on this board needs a look at that one. I would appreciate a picture. (Rumor has it that AK sent out demos out to several minor league hockey teams to get a response. The jerseys have the curvy outline of a woman from the neck down (the wearer's head is the head of the "body" on the jersey) which is clad in a bikini. The top of the bikini consisting of two team logos placed in strategic areas of the upper torso (was that family oriented???) I can't imagine a hockey player wearing one, but I know they are out there and I think the board would enjoy.

I suppose this would be mostly for reference purposes as keeping up with the alt jerseys of the out of town teams is difficult at best. Will have more soon.

Here is the Knoxville "regular" jersey. I know.. purple and orange? But if you look at it, these are actually pretty sharp. They are MUCH better than most minor league hockey jerseys and I have grown rather fond of them. (Now if the black wasn't there...)

game.jpg

2005 Race Night Jersey - These went over fairly well considering the name of the previous knoxville team was the SPEED and they had race inspired jerseys every night for 2 years. The patches on the shoulders are the Nestle's Bunny

race.jpg

2006 Race Night Jersey - These haven't made it onto the ice yet (this weekend) but they are either loved or hated. Not much in the way of neutral. I think they are in improvment over last year's.

race06.jpg

An the much maligned Salute to the Troops jersey. Great idea to salute the troops, but there has to be a different way. Imagine trying to announce this game if you are the road broadcaster and you are more than 3 feet away. Didn't like the Orange and purple patches on the shoulders either. I am nitpicking of course, but on other "specials" they have altered the shoulder logos to match the special color scheme.

camo.jpg

The 05 Biker Jerseys - Sorry I don't have a better picture of this one. It's black and blue with blue fire coming up from the bottom of the jersey. As one who is opposed to the "darkening" of professional uniforms (adding black and dark blue) I found this one less appealing.

biker05.jpg

BroncosSig.jpg

I would like to congratulate me on my first post, thank you very much.

In my opinion the SPHL has managed to avoid many of the uniform pitfalls of the CHL and the ECHL. Their uniforms are generally cleaner and sharper. Less "90's" leaning more toward tradition.

The Seals have a style resembling the Oilers of the 80's (Edmonton, that is) 3.jpg

Pee Dee took a page from the RedWings going with red and white. Unfortunately they resemble rec league stock jerseys with a logo added.

131.jpeg

I have seen fayetteville in at least 3 jerseys this year, and all were sharp with the exception of their Salute to the Troops which were darker than the Knoxville version and (If I remember correctly) WITHOUT trim around the army green letters and numbers making them impossible to read.

Jacksonville has an obnoxious fish on thier jerseys but has some classy retro road unis that resemble an updated diagonal Rangers jersey. Not bad.

I have only seen Knoxville in thier whites which are like the top jersey in the above post. Not very exciting but at least it's not something terrible like you would see in other leagues.

I haven't seen Columbus play.

I would post more photos but I haven't located the official line on remote linking to photos yet. A little help?

ZZDave

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick glimpse at the Knoxville Ice Bears "Heritage" jersey that are going to be used this Friday night and then auctioned immediately thereafter. If you like them they generally reserve one or two to sell on ebay. They generally sell for $300 - $800. Average price is generally around $400 in the auction.

EDIT: [i removed the photo link as it wasn't working. I was going to claim to be new at this, but then Dave managed to link nicely and it's only his second post... sigh. It's pictured below]

The patches on the shoulders are the "regular" Ice Bears logo, and the old "K" logo which they used on the throwback jerseys in the past.

Not bad at all. Much better than the Tulsa throwback that is circulating around the board. (and most other minor league hockey jerseys, IMHO)

Are there any other SPHL throwbacks out there? Please Post.

BroncosSig.jpg

not even close that pic does not do the jersys justice. the alt is based on the Ises 3rd, here are the home and roads:

replica%20home%20jersey%20lg.jpg

white-jersey-bg.jpg

blkjersey.jpg

38.jpg

0111-18.jpg

sorry I don't see even a rough similarity:

Oilers4.gif

Like I said earlier I should know, I designed the jerseys

Whether or not we agree on seeing the hints of Edmonton I do need to address one issue with them. They are VERY WELL DONE. Aside from Knoxville (to whom I am of course partial) those are the best in the SPHL. In addition they are very clean and sharp; something that is often missing in minor league hockey jerseys.

Here are a few ?'s for you,Mudbug. How did it fall on you to design them? Did you submit them or did they approach you first? The Knoxville jerseys are currently being designed by a member of the staff. The throwbacks shown above are very sharp in my opinion. Also, are there any one night alternates that you have worked on? Do you do jerseys for other teams?

As for the rest of the league, who can help us out with the other teams' alternate jerseys. We still need a picture of the Fayetteville bikini jerseys. (and I do mean NEED)

BroncosSig.jpg

I approched them with the designs and was promised a set in return, I am still waiting on my set. I am working on a 3rd jersey for another team who for this project approached me on it after I submitted something else to them, when it all comes offical I will show it off.

The red jersey was origianlly blue with the sleeve stripes matching

• 1 month later...

Here are the two versions of the Knoxville Ice Bears St. Patrick's day jerseys. The first one was the proposed version. The second was after a touch of negative feedback. The consensus being that the first one was just a little bit too much "Laugh-In". They will be auctioned off after the game.

stp1.jpg

This one is the revision that they have decided to go with. I will attempt to get a photo up as soon as they come in.

stp2.jpg

Sorry for the small graphics. There is a larger one available. I will try and get it posted when I get a copy.

What do you guys think? Do you prefer one over the other, and are there any other teams doing greens this year?

God, Others, Sports... not nescesarrily in that order.

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Pee Dee Cyclones are set to unviel new uniforms tonight (in what will probably be thier last home game of the year). The team is under a new ownership group, and it's a certainty that they will be rebranding during the offseason, getting rid of the woody woodpecker in a tornado logo. (thankfully)

Two questions - First of all does anyone have a preview of the new logo and uniforms?

Second, is this the logo that the cyclones are going to use next year or is this just a "playoff special"?

One final point. I was told that the cyclones are going to auction off these new jerseys after their only appearance along with thier teams regular season jerseys.

Peace out homies.

Dave

The Pee Dee Cyclones are set to unviel new uniforms tonight (in what will probably be thier last home game of the year). The team is under a new ownership group, and it's a certainty that they will be rebranding during the offseason, getting rid of the woody woodpecker in a tornado logo. (thankfully)

Two questions - First of all does anyone have a preview of the new logo and uniforms?

Second, is this the logo that the cyclones are going to use next year or is this just a "playoff special"?

One final point. I was told that the cyclones are going to auction off these new jerseys after their only appearance along with thier teams regular season jerseys.

Peace out homies.

Dave

Funny you should ask...saw these on an SPHL message board the other day

New Logo for the Pee Dee Cyclones

New jerseys for the Pee Dee Cyclones

It's a definite upgrade from the Woody Woodpecker logo.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that the Pee Dee Cyclones are going to be rebranded during the off season. Apparantly the rights to the Pee Dee Pride, (which was the name of the former team in that town) have been secured.

If indeed that rumor is true, this new Pee Dee logo and the subsequent jerseys were short lived indeed, lasting only three games. They were originally supposed to be used for the entire SPHL playoffs, however they arrived late and were only used for games 2, 3 and 4 according to a friend of mine in Knoxville.

CyclonesJersey.jpg

CyclonesLogo.jpg

It was a distinct improvment over their old logo (see earlier in this thread) which was a roadrunner in a tornado. The old pee dee pride logo is in my opinion inferior to the new Cyclones logo.

PDPride.jpg

If this rumor is true, I personally would like to see the logo updated.

Greetings

First of all, this has gone, (to my delight) from an SPHL Uniform form to a general SPHL logo, rumor and uniform forum. Is there some way to change the name of the TOPIC?

Second

SHER-WOOD issued playoff pucks for the SPHL playoff series. Does anyone have a picture of those?

Third

How many of the SPHL teams used custom pucks this year? I know a couple of teams used blank pucks, but a couple of the teams used custom pucks during games. Anyone have shots of their teams GAME pucks?

More soon

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just a quick heads up to all of the SPHL fans out there. PreSeason games start this week. Don't forget to take a camera and get some shots of the new uniforms.

The Icebears are keeping the same colors but changing the color emphasis on their jerseys. I have seen them and they are SHARP. I can post pictures of the home jersey after the game Friday.

In addition the Icebears will have several "special" jerseys this year (Biker night, pride in America, heritage night, etc). Is there a list of special jerseys for other teams?

Also, if any of the teams have logo pucks, etc. I have managed to get a picture of the playoff puck from last season. I will post that as well.

One final thing... does ANYONE have a shot of the rejected BIKINI jerseys that Fayetteville didn't wear last year?

BroncosSig.jpg

Plus, this is the first season (SPHL wise) that the Renegades will be playing in the Southern Professional League. The past few years Richmond has had the RiverDogs for three seasons. Before that, we had the Renegades (ECHL) of 13 seasons. So, I hope we can bring back the legacy we once had here in Richmond.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

LEW.jpg

Here is the Knoxville Ice Bears 2006-07 dark jersey.

renegadespre.jpg

Here is a shot from the Renegades website showing the preseason jerseys for Richmond and Fayetteville

CC06.jpg

Finally this is the best shot of the Columbus Cottonmouths jersey I could find. I haven't seen a full legnth picture. Interesting from what I can see.

Every team in the league plays tonight. Pictures are appreciated.

BroncosSig.jpg

The wierdest thing about the Richomd player isn't even the green color of his jersey, it's his mismatched gloves.

I'm looking forward to see the Columbus and Fayetteville jerseys. I must say the league is looking nice so far this year, nothing too out there but enough "fun" fitting a minor league.

Archived