Pitt Panthers jersey question

DGivens87

Hey guys, I'm looking at a couple of Curtis Martin rookie cards, and there are some differences in the Pitt jerseys he's wearing...the most noticeable difference is the switch from a yellow helment to a gold helmet, in addition to the Big East patch on the shoulder...

a4_1_b.JPG

1c_1_b.JPG

2997.jpg

Now my question is this - which jerseys are from which years? I know Curtis didn't play much in '94 due to injury (which hurt his draft position), but I would like to know which jerseys are from which seasons.

Pic 1 is from 1993 the first full year of the Big East conference, Pic 2 is from 1992 due to the gold yellow helmet and script Pitt on the sleeve and Pic 3 is from the first game of the season in 1994 a 30-28 loss to Texas I was at that game. Pitt changed from the yellow gold to the mustard gold in 1993 which was the start of their uniform and then logo mishaps.

Pic 1 is from 1993 the first full year of the Big East conference, Pic 2 is from 1992 due to the gold yellow helmet and script Pitt on the sleeve and Pic 3 is from the first game of the season in 1994 a 30-28 loss to Texas I was at that game. Pitt changed from the yellow gold to the mustard gold in 1993 which was the start of their uniform and then logo mishaps.

ltp, thank you very much for that wealth of knowledge. :D

I'm actually looking to re-create that Martin Pitt jersey, and just wanted to get some specs on the 93 or 94 version, even though he was hurt.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived