Spokane: Turn Back the Clock

OMMF

Spokane Chiefs press release:

MOLSON?S TURN BACK THE CLOCK NIGHT

Twenty fans will have the opportunity to win game worn jerseys from Molson?s Turn Back the Clock Night on Saturday, February 25th when the Chiefs host the Kootenay Ice.

The Chiefs will wear replica jerseys from the 1972 Spokane Jets as the Ice will be playing the part of the Cranbrook Royals. The Jets and Royals were longtime Western International Hockey League rivals and faced off in a seven game, first round playoff series en route to Spokane winning their second of four Allan Cup titles. The Jets won previously in 1970 and the Flyers won in 1976 and 1980.

So Spokane should look something like this:

AllanCup71-7220SpokaneJetssmall.jpg

And Kootenay:

Royal1982.jpg

The Cranbrook jerseys are basically the LA Kings purple and gold jerseys.

That is WAY cool. For the past several years I have been hoping, wishing, and harping to anyone that would listen that the Winter Hawks and Thunderbirds would do a TBTC night with throwbacks of the Buckaroos and Totems jerseys. Maybe they could have Guyle Fielder and Art Jones do a ceremonial puck drop, too...

But for now, I keep on wishing...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

That is WAY cool. For the past several years I have been hoping, wishing, and harping to anyone that would listen that the Winter Hawks and Thunderbirds would do a TBTC night with throwbacks of the Buckaroos and Totems jerseys. Maybe they could have Guyle Fielder and Art Jones do a ceremonial puck drop, too...

That would be good or a Metros-Rosebuds game, in honor of the first two US teams to play for the Stanley Cup.

Come to think of it, we should raise that banner. :D

That is WAY cool.  For the past several years I have been hoping, wishing, and harping to anyone that would listen that the Winter Hawks and Thunderbirds would do a TBTC night with throwbacks of the Buckaroos and Totems jerseys.  Maybe they could have Guyle Fielder and Art Jones do a ceremonial puck drop, too...

That would be good or a Metros-Rosebuds game, in honor of the first two US teams to play for the Stanley Cup.

Come to think of it, we should raise that banner. :D

THAT WOULD BE A REALLY COOL IDEA! especially if they maybe moderized the logos of each team a bit.

Archived