New Team Canada Uniforms?

beesharps

Hope may not be all lost for those of us who thoroughly dislike the new Team Nike templates for the IIHF teams. As I recall, the designs for the 1998 Olympics in Nagano didn't last long :

98021618.jpg

I think that with Canada's failure to win gold at the games that year (both men and women), combined with two or three years of failure at the world junior level in the new duds, may have created a bad taste for the new uniforms in people's minds. Those US uniforms were dropped less than four years later, too. Of course, Canada won the gold in 2002, and that didn't stop them from ditching the winning look...

Actually, as a side note, I remember seeing Nike's original Russia jersey for the 1998 Olympics, but the team never wore them. They had some strange brown-ish shoulder striping and looked kind of silly. I only recall seeing it in the background of a story on the jerseys on NHL Cool Shots, and also in a promo photo where a Russian player was wearing it. Anyone else know of this?

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

I remember those Russian jerseys.. it was like a weird 3D block design down the sleeve. They looked good, but almost Soviet.

I liked the Nagano jerseys, too. I still have mine, though I have a navy one.

Hope may not be all lost for those of us who thoroughly dislike the new Team Nike templates for the IIHF teams. As I recall, the designs for the 1998 Olympics in Nagano didn't last long :

98021618.jpg

I think that with Canada's failure to win gold at the games that year (both men and women), combined with two or three years of failure at the world junior level in the new duds, may have created a bad taste for the new uniforms in people's minds. Those US uniforms were dropped less than four years later, too. Of course, Canada won the gold in 2002, and that didn't stop them from ditching the winning look...

Actually, as a side note, I remember seeing Nike's original Russia jersey for the 1998 Olympics, but the team never wore them. They had some strange brown-ish shoulder striping and looked kind of silly. I only recall seeing it in the background of a story on the jerseys on NHL Cool Shots, and also in a promo photo where a Russian player was wearing it. Anyone else know of this?

Whoops, misread it, nevermind.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Those USA jersey were the best they've had in a long time. Yes, the Russia jerseys that were unused were very Soviet based, which I think is why they weren't used. It was a 3d diamond sorta an update to the ones used by the nation in 1980 and prior.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived