Detroit Lions - New Logo

marqdesign

I think removing the gradients was a great start. The lion is my favorite animal and I think a lion head logo is by default cool. The one thing I would say to further improve the concept is to add some life to the eyes. The blankness of the eyes creates a lack of intensity. A bold look to the eye would bring the Lion to life and would add that certain something its missing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

No offense but it looks like a logo that would appear in Madden Create-a-team

That's actually the first thought I had as well.

As a fellow Lions fan, here are my thoughts:

- The logo and the uniform clash a lot. A very edgy logo with a very simple, somewhat boring uniform set.

- The thick black outline should probably go the whole way around.

- The logo honestly doesn't look that much like a lion. I realize it's supposed to be edgy, but it's not rendering enough like a lion.

- The lions should always be blue, white, and silver. Black in their color set, especially as a primary color, is blastphemous.

- The numbers could use a white or silver outline on the uniforms. They would'nt be visible on the field.

- The bottom half of the socks must be white according to NFL rules.

OK All feeback from you guys is comming together. Sure its more of a 'madden/fantasy' type logo, but as I said before, Im looking for ANYTHING other than the current one they have.You know how they have the logo with the circus letters underneath it? Well when I see that instead of it sayin Lions, I see Losers. And as for the uni's. I just did a minor pic representing the black uni's they have, I didnt put all that much time into them, just wanted to see what the Logo looked like with the black jerseys...

Archived